windisor clasics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windisor clasics

As a new member to this site wondering if anyone out there has had any dealings with windisor clasics as they seem to be one of the better companies I have been to in my area. Would be greatful for any feedback before I buy my surf.

Yep bought ours from there 18 months ago. they were good and so is the car we bought.

Its a one-man band father and son outfit. Been there since forever. They don't budge much on price though. we couldn't haggle even a pence out of them however they did meet us halfway on the £300 remote central locking alarm.

Came serviced by a local garage in Chertsey (good place Dennis knows his stuff and have used him since). When I took it back cause the discs where worpped the had them changed no hassle.

Would recommend them. At the time we bought ours their prices were good too for the area. We looked out as far a GuildFord and Worthing etc

Goodluck
    Mart

......surf's up pal!

Comment

Windsor classics

Scoobie, do you have any contact numbers for Windsor Classics.

Many thanks,

Fivetroop

Comment

Windsor classics

Sorry Mart, I get confused these days !! Have you got the contact number/website of Windsor Classics?

all the best,

Fivetroop

Comment

I've just bought my 2.4TD Surf SSRX from Windisor Classics and would certainly recommend them. So far no problems.

They're a very professional outfit (family run business) and their prices I found are on par with most other dealers.
          However, I think of the cars on the market, theirs are the better ones.

I had a look at other garages that had them for the same price and they were NO WHERE near as good as the ones from Windisor.

Time will tell, but up till now they have been excellent and have been very good for after sales service. (No problems, but they supply a English copy of the handbook free and as they didn't have one at the time of purchase I keep ringing them up to see if it's arrived; and they haven't treated me like I've been a pain in the butt)
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS]"Inveniam viam aut faciam" - S

Comment

Windisor classics

Bought a Mitsubishi Pajero from them a while ago ('bout 6yrs ago) when i lived in Virginia Water, Surrey. This was before i found the Surf.

Had excellent service from them, but aa already mentioned...difficult haggling!!

Very good after car sales and advice if i remember correctly.
            HELEN xx

Comment

http://www.windisor.co.uk/

I thought I'd add a postscript to my last posting.
              I unfortunately fell victim to the cracked head syndrome.

Now I've never placed much faith in warranties, but fortunately for me I bought from a good dealer 'Windisor Classics' http://www.windisor.co.uk/

I went to see their Surf mechanic (Dennis 01932 569506) and he confirmed that the head had gone. I went into Windisor Classics and without any argument and with many appologies the car was taken straight off me and sent to Dennis for a new head.
              Not only that and without asking, Peter (the proprietor) lent me a 3ltr Surf to use whilst I waited for mine to get fixed.

All I can say is that the service I recieved was fantastic and I cannot recommend them highly enough.
              So if you are looking for a dealer, at least this one has good after sales service that you can rely on. They even stuck a new thermostat in for me.

Mike
              Last edited by cockybundoo; 11 May 2005, 04:32.
              [FONT=Comic Sans MS]"Inveniam viam aut faciam" - S

Comment

WINDISOR opinion

I bought mine at Windisor, and the head went after a week! I have to say they were brilliant, they picked the car up on a trailer and it was fitted with the later modded head. All covered by the warranty. They didn't seem to know or were reluctant to say that the 2.4 is prone to head problems, and their 3.0 litres were just to expensive for me at the time. They have since stopped importing 2.4's, I wonder why!

After 7 months I renewed my warranty with Peter Snr, the owner of Windisor. He is a nice bloke. The turbo then failed and the warranty company decided not to pay out. Said it was wear and tear. Rubbish of course.

I spoke to Peter who got the work done at his expense, while he argued with the warranty people, I believe he has now successfully claimed it back. Very honourable guy, not your average wideboy car salesman.

The mechanic they use is called Dennis, and he is a top bloke. Works out of a yard in Chertsey,01932 569506 he did the head and the turbo. I have had two new thermosats, a head and a turbo. It has cost me about £50 for the two resulting oil changes, not he £3000+ it would have cost out of my pocket. He is on 01932 569506

Very good service all round, cars are high quality, no tat. The only slight concern is that I am still waiting for my replacement rear passenger side door wind deflector which was missing from the car and agreed that it would be replaced. That was October 04, anyone know where I CAN SOURCE ONE?

You can always call them for advice, they seem to have a good local network to support their imports.

Can heartly recommend, my next door neighbour has two cars from them. No complaints either.
                Last edited by ledgerjim; 5 August 2005, 18:16.
                ALWAYS WATCHING THAT DAMN TEMPERATURE GAUGE, PARANOIA IS A TERRIBLE THANG

Comment

Originally posted by ledgerjim
                  The only slight concern is that I am still waiting for my replacement rear passenger side door wind deflector which was missing from the car and agreed that it would be replaced. That was October 04, anyone know where I CAN SOURCE ONE?
                  What type do you have? I have some of the older style (pre-93) that clip to the edge of the door.
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

wind deflector

Originally posted by TonyN
                    What type do you have? I have some of the older style (pre-93) that clip to the edge of the door.
                    They do clip along the top of the door, how much do you want for one?
                    Nearside Rear Door

Thanks
                    ALWAYS WATCHING THAT DAMN TEMPERATURE GAUGE, PARANOIA IS A TERRIBLE THANG

Comment

Working...
                    X