Acton Autos (Dealer experience)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acton Autos (Dealer experience)

Just a quick note to say that following my problems after purchasing my 93 Surf in June ( 2.4 overheating etc), "Graham" the jovial owner of Acton autos Ltd responded positively; story detailed below:

Following my overheating problems 3 weeks into Surf ownership (see my previous post of 7th June), 5 weeks later and I now have my Surf back with a new head, new water pump, new (increased volume) radiator and complete engine unit overhaul.

The cost for the works exceeded £2K, (bills provided by the dealer complete with guarentee documentation). I had agreed prior to the works that upon collection of the vehicle I would contribute £500 to the costs as I had insisted on new parts and not a recon or bodge job that may not last and cannot be guarenteed.

I have just covered 280 miles on a round trip that took in 200 Motorway miles and severe B road hills in the extremly warm weather that we are enjoying without a problem.

When I bought the vehicle no written gaurentee was given, however whilst the dealer probably didn't make a loss on the vehicle sale, he was most accomodating when faced with the vehicles return in a sorry state 3 weeks later agreeing to correct the problems and with dialogue we acheived a suitable outcome. Win / Win as they say.To this end I am pleased that my Surf is now back on the road carrying out its duties seemingly without problems.

Acton Autos (just off the A40 in North Acton, London) have a selection of imported vehicles including Surfs, Paj's etc and deserve a mention following my experience.
Working...
X