Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missenden Motor Company

Hi all
    Anyone had any experience of Missenden Motor Company? Am thinking of buying a Surf from them. When i asked about the 3 month warrenty the chap i spoke to said they wernt worth the paper they were printed on then started waxing lyrical about how they do something to the radiators on the surfs they get so the cylinder head doesnt blow? My eyes started glazing over at this stage so i was wondering whether anyone knew anything about this?

Bill,
    After their answer about the Rad, there is only one action to take walk away.
    Theres plenty of other Surf's available from people who know about Surf's.
    I wouldn't touch any Surf's from this outfit with a barge pole.

Walk away M8 & see if any forum members have any to suit your price range.

Sewerat Bob
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

As far as i know any car dealer has to provide a 3 month warranty as part of your statutory rights. As for missenden motor company, i had a look at there surfs, they weren't very well prepared or very tidy, but they do seem quite cheap, you pay's your money...

Adrian

Comment

yeah bye bye, go somewhere else, 3 months is statutory. Its the extended warranties that ain't worth the paper. Ain't nothing they can do to the rad to stop the heads going, it was a design fault on a batch of heads, only thing to stop it going is to fit a redesigned (new) head. Unless of course its already had one fitted.
        Look around theres plenty of others out there.
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

Originally posted by MrHankey
          Hi all
          Anyone had any experience of Missenden Motor Company? Am thinking of buying a Surf from them. When i asked about the 3 month warrenty the chap i spoke to said they wernt worth the paper they were printed on then started waxing lyrical about how they do something to the radiators on the surfs they get so the cylinder head doesnt blow? My eyes started glazing over at this stage so i was wondering whether anyone knew anything about this?
          warrantys can be worth the paper there written on, depends what company they are from, some are cheap and nasty, and mainly took out by dealers who are cheap and nasty themselves, just to say the car has a warranty, after all the dealer has to pay for them, the more the warranty covers, engine gearbox etc, and its length of time, the more they cost, and the dealer has to pay, so at the end of the day if the warranty isnt worth the paper its written on, theres only the dealer to blame
          [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
          [size=5][/size]
          [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Sounds like the place we got the grey Surf from, I mentioned the head gasket thing, and they told me that "Toyota has a special coolant that they recommend that keeps the head from cracking"

We laughed at him, then got £700 knocked of the price 'just in case'.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Went to have a look....

Well i went over there to have a look at them, i certainly didnt get any "hard sell" tactics - quite the opposite, it was difficult to get them to say very much at all. The Surfs themselves are as AdrianBadBoy described - more than a little tatty - i dont think anything had been done to them since they left Japan (even the 2 that had been cleaned up - i found a Japanese biro and two Japanese petrol cards in one of the "cleaned up" ones). There were only three out of the six they have that could be driven as the others were "waiting to be serviced" The ones i drove seemed very very slow off the mark (i have driven a couple of others that seemed much much better) and they seemed to change gear (up and down) fairly randomly. The salesman took me out in the first one then just gave me the keys to the others to drive out myself! All the ones i tried had various things wrong with the electrics (windows, mirrors etc), but i guess Adrian is right about "you get what you pays for" They were all priced at £5999 on the forecourt but i was told they were £4000 PLUS VAT. I was told that they would be serviced and prepared once they had been purchased so maybe i am being unfair by criticising the ones i tried but why on earth wouldnt they prepare them FOR sale rather than do it after they have sold? Overall, i would say the surfs i tried were rather poor quality and the sales patter should be taken with shovels full of salt.

Comment

Blimmin' heck...

You can do so much better than that... you said it yourself... do 'em up to sell, not after....if they can sell them in that state, what does it say their after sales service would be like...

For the price they are asking you can get a lovely one.... we did....

It's a lot of dough, spend wisely...
                Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

Working...
                X