• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexes

Hi guys

Anybody know anything about this dealer:

http://www.lexescarsales.co.uk

lexes

Sorry mate can,t help you, does he have Surfs as well then?
    Dave
    How much!

Comment

Lexes

A point well made...but yes he usually does, got one on the forecourt at the mo, but not on his website...ooops !!!

By the way, is the Isuzu any good ?

Comment

Originally posted by stakeholderman
        A point well made...but yes he usually does, got one on the forecourt at the mo, but not on his website...ooops !!!

Go stand in the corner till december
        I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

isuzu.......they rust well
          [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
          [size=5][/size]
          [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
            isuzu.......they rust well
            At the risk of having to wash my mouth out with Nitric Acid and stand in the corner with a bag over my head -.

The Trooper is actually a pretty decent motor if exceptionally boring, The engine is brilliant however it's big, unwieldy and only OK off road. However it is built like a Sherman Tank and will last for ever if the aformentioned rust is kept at bay (only the early ones have that problem).

Isuzu actually make very good trucks and the problem is that the Trooper is basically that and drives like one. However if you want a machine to tow things heavier than St Pauls Cathedral and do it all day then short of a 4.2 Patrol or a 4.2 TD Landcruiser then you can't really go wrong.

The Surf's much better though and is good off road (have a look at some of the excellent pictures of the Devils Pit outing with a lot of basically stock Surfs showing the Solihull crowd how it's done) plus it drives like a car (as long as you are reasonable with it - it isn't a sports car) and has better MPG than the Trooper too (though it's not that great).

I wouldn't part with mine for anything less than a Landcruiser even though it's a 2.4.

Cheers

Comment

My brother-in-law has a '01 trroper SWB and I've driven it a few times. I find the ride quite poor with a lot of for & aft pitching due to it's short weelbase, although the LWB would probably be better.

He is also on his second turbo after 36k miles. I don't know of Troopers being generally unreliable, this is just his experience.

Apart from that it feels like a pretty solid truck
              '94 3.0TD SSR-G Limited Green over Silver, mmmmmmmmmm!

Comment

Thanks guys, guess I'm convinced it should be a surf and not the "other thing". Only I could post a dealer website without any surfs on it, but the he usually does have, and he's only 10 minutes walk away. Other alternative sources within striking distance are:

http://www.riverdalemotorcompany.co.uk/

and

http://www.japanesecarimporters.co.uk/index.html

at the risk of being tedious (ok I'm being tedious) anybody any comments on these two ?

Comment

Thanks guys, guess I'm convinced it should be a surf and not the "other thing". Only I could post a dealer website without any surfs on it, but the he usually does have, and he's only 10 minutes walk away. Other alternative sources within striking distance are:

http://www.riverdalemotorcompany.co.uk/

and

http://www.japanesecarimporters.co.uk/index.html

at the risk of being tedious (ok I'm being tedious) anybody any comments on these two ?
                  what about the ones for sale on here
                  [size=5][/size]
                  [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
                    what about the ones for sale on here
                    clicked on the first one, came up autolink........oh no!
                    [size=5][/size]

Comment

Pleased I'm not the only one , having a "grey moment" !

Comment

Pleased I'm not the only one , having a "grey moment" !
                        no your ok it was castletons i was thinking of
                        [size=5][/size]

Comment

Stakeholderman,
                          Japanesecarimporters : 1996's only £ 12,000 plus,

No no no m8, check out forum members, better value from them.
                          [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Stakeholderman,
                            Japanesecarimporters : 1996's only £ 12,000 plus,

No no no m8, check out forum members, better value from them. Andy has a '96 for around £ 7000-00

Only a short walk away ?? i'd walk in the opposite direction m8

Sewerat Bob

Sorry hit wrong button on first one, that what's happens at my age of 21 years
                            [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Second one looks a little pricey nearly @ 12.5k for a 96 3.0 SSR-X

Comment

Working...
                              X