Southern 4x4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern 4x4

Didn't get a good responce from this place in Co. Tipperary. Unhelpful owner. And a snotty atitude.

All I asked for was a set or window deflectors!!

Originally posted by Cmar
    Didn't get a good responce from this place in Co. Tipperary. Unhelpful owner. And a snotty atitude.

All I asked for was a set or window deflectors!!
    was that after you'd paid him
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

That was just from a phone inqury......

Comment

That was just from a phone inqury......

Ah well, vote with your money, spend it elsewhere.

As I'm sue you will
        Maurice
        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Already have Maurice, Pat Igoe got a pair for me direct in from Japan.

Comment

Already have Maurice, Pat Igoe got a pair for me direct in from Japan.
            Pat Igoe, as in commercials ?
            Does he normally deal in parts like this, and were they expensive, could be a usefull source for us here perhaps ??
            Maurice

Comment

Thats the guy Maurice, He has two 3rd gens there at the moment. A '99 silver and a '96 light blue. I really liked the blue from looking at them online, but seeing it in the metal...... Not for me! The silver was real nice, 99 low mileage and he gave me a good price to change up to it. BUT it had a horrible tan interior........Yuck!! plus no sunroof!

Comment

Oh, and he can get in parts from Japan. You know, the unusual stuff that the dealers cant get. Was 100€ for the deflectors but I've been looking for them since I got the Surf so I don't mind. Hmmm, might price up a set of fancy alloys from Japan now. :wink:

Comment

Pat Igoe has an add each week in the CarBuyersGuide and often has a surf or two. I'm sure that fine light blue one (like Fieldsy's ) has been in it for a few mths must be asking over the odds?

Anyone ever do business with Byrnes in Coolock, I made a phone enquiry mths ago and am still waiting for the return call...

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
                    Pat Igoe has an add each week in the CarBuyersGuide and often has a surf or two. I'm sure that fine light blue one (like Fieldsy's ) has been in it for a few mths must be asking over the odds?

Anyone ever do business with Byrnes in Coolock, I made a phone enquiry mths ago and am still waiting for the return call...
                    I rang Byrnes afew months back when looking for my Surf. From the language and attitude I heard on the phone I'm afraid I could only use one word - Knackers. Prices are a bit ott too.
                    Maurice

Comment

Re Maurice opinion on Byrnes:

This forum is proving fairly useful and theres only 4 Leinster users on it (wheres that Mick fella from Galway, hows that gearbox Mick??). Wonder what the story is over here re surf sales coz they reckon in the UK its becoming big business (ask Sewerat). Maybe that Hilux fella will open a branch over here and go international.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
                        ...........Wonder what the story is over here re surf sales coz they reckon in the UK its becoming big business ............
                        I reckon I must see at least 4 to 5 surfs a week here now, used to be a very rare event to see one. Mainly spotting pre '92 4 door models along with the occasional 3rd gen too.
                        Gettin popular !
                        Maurice

Comment

Quote:
                          This forum is proving fairly useful and theres only 4 Leinster users on it (wheres that Mick fella from Galway, hows that gearbox Mick??).

Im still here JimL. reason for changing user name was when i found hiluxsurf.co.uk it was only getting a couple of hits a week and i registered as mick g.however as i visit other sites i was getting user names & passwords mixed up so i went back to my usual which i use for most sites. By the way im from castlebar not galway & also were any of you guys with a 3 gen down this way about a month ago??

Comment

Originally posted by G1xer
                            By the way im from castlebar not galway & also were any of you guys with a 3 gen down this way about a month ago??
                            Oops sorry Mick, have to be delicate on these matters

Comment

Wasn't me you spotted Mick, But I am seeing more Surf's around. Mainly 2nd gens, but an occasional 3rd.

Back to Southern 4x4.....

To give the place a 2nd chance I rang them yesterday. And to be honest I did get a better responce. The phone manner still needs work But he was more helpful, so I'm going down there on Saturday morning for a poke around. I'll keep ye posted....

Comment

Working...
                              X