Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importers Recommendation Required.

Hi all,
    As a newbie looking to purchase a 3.0 litre Surf in the £6000 bracket, can anyone recommend a decent importer in North London,Hertfordshire or Essex area with backup for spares / repairs in the future. Am i expecting too much for the money, or should i be looking for a nice 2.4 instead. Head troubles are a concern but finance is limited.

Thanks for any feedback.

Bought a 3.0ltr 96 with 50k mile on it about two weeks ago from a Mnachester importer for less than £5k so for £6 you should do ok. (reckon on adding about anothe £600 if you buy a non SVA model

Comment

Originally posted by fergus
      Bought a 3.0ltr 96 with 50k mile on it about two weeks ago from a Mnachester importer for less than £5k so for £6 you should do ok. (reckon on adding about anothe £600 if you buy a non SVA model
      that's cheap!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I do think it was good value, that said it aint been SVA tested or driven yet so maybe it has lots of faults!!! But seriously there are lots at the auction place I went and you can strike a deal if you have cash. It really is a buyers market- surprisingly there aint all that many people who want to drive a 3.0lts car when its now £4 a gallon for fuel.

I can check out what he has in at the moment if it will help. If ther is somethin you like then it may be worth a run up but all at your own risk as I have limited mechanical knowledge. I brought a mate along who is a mechanic to 'kick the tyres' before I bought mine!

I know mine would probabaly cost about £7k from a dealer bu tthen you get some sort of warrenty.

Comment

Working...
        X