West Midlands Good Dealer Experience www.freshcars.co.uk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Midlands Good Dealer Experience www.freshcars.co.uk

BROUGHT MY THIRD SURF (METALLIC GREY 1993 SSR-G 2.4) FROM THESE GUYS LAST WEEK, LOVE IT TO BITS, ME & MRS HAVE PUT 400 MILES ON IT ALREADY!! FRIENDLY GUY, KNOWS HIS STUFF, GOES TO JAPAN & HANDPICKS HIS STOCK HIMSELF, GIVES GOOD ADVICE, CHECK OUT HIS SITE: WWW.FRESHCARS.CO.UK

[QUOTE=OLDSURFDUDE]BROUGHT MY THIRD SURF (METALLIC GREY 1993 SSR-G 2.4) FROM THESE GUYS LAST WEEK, LOVE IT TO BITS, ME & MRS HAVE PUT 400 MILES ON IT ALREADY!! FRIENDLY GUY, KNOWS HIS STUFF, GOES TO JAPAN & HANDPICKS HIS STOCK HIMSELF, GIVES GOOD ADVICE, CHECK OUT HIS SITE: [url]WWW.FRESHCARS.CO.UK[/urL

THE SAME GUY WHO WE HAVE HAD THIS EXPRIENCE WITH!....

My Partner bought a Surf 2.4 on the 14th of may from a local garage. He used it basically once. On his way home on the motorway he broke down, it filled with steam and he had to pull over on the hard shoulder. He ended up being taken home by the break down services. His head has gone so he contacted the garage that he purchased it from. He has asked for his money back or for it to be repaired. They have said that they will gladly refund his money if he brings it back in the same condition as he recieved it, ie the head repaired. My partner has told him that this is unacceptable. The garage then offerd him £200 towards the cost of repair. The garage owner has told him to stop hasstling him over this matter as well. (Friendly guy?)
    We are now in the process of taking Fresh Cars to court.
    If this post is genuine then all I can say is that you have been very lucky not to have had any problems. If it is not then all I can say is.......
    xckmbisjtw twhtwghbrhgbwubguywdtgwurgy2we yu!!!!!!!

Tinks
    _______
    Is it April Fools Day?

TINKS
    Last edited by Tinks; 5 June 2005, 06:12.

Comment

Originally posted by OLDSURFDUDE
      BROUGHT MY THIRD SURF (METALLIC GREY 1993 SSR-G 2.4) FROM THESE GUYS LAST WEEK, LOVE IT TO BITS, ME & MRS HAVE PUT 400 MILES ON IT ALREADY!! FRIENDLY GUY, KNOWS HIS STUFF, GOES TO JAPAN & HANDPICKS HIS STOCK HIMSELF, GIVES GOOD ADVICE, CHECK OUT HIS SITE: WWW.FRESHCARS.CO.UK

goto admit this is the first big up i have seen for this dealer.....

all dealers are freindly when taking your money, lets see how feindly he is when/if you neeed to take it back for any reason???? hope it doesnt have to come to that though

good luck.....

p.s. if this is a genuine post then welcome to the forum.
      CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Hi Mate, I've Read Your Posting & I'm Sorry But I Can't Help Thinking That Something About Your Story Doesn't Ring True?????, Are You A Rival Dealer Or Something Taking Us Surf Fans All For Mugs???? If So This Forum Is For People Who Enjoy The Truck And Want To Swap Ideas/points With Other "surfers", Not For Dealers Who Want To Score Points Off Each Other. This Is The Third Surf I've Had Over 12 Years So I Like To Think I Know My Way Around A Surf, I Looked At Several He Had And All Were Tip-top, My Choice Came Down To Colour And Price And I Haggled Hard And Got A Good Deal. The Place Has Been In Cradley For Ages, I Go Down That Way About Once A Month (to See My Aged P) And It's Been There Ever Since I Can Remember, And So If What You Say Is True, He Would Have Been Closed Down Years Ago.

Comment

Hi Mate, I've Read Your Posting & I'm Sorry But I Can't Help Thinking That Something About Your Story Doesn't Ring True?????, Are You A Rival Dealer Or Something Taking Us Surf Fans All For Mugs???? If So This Forum Is For People Who Enjoy The Truck And Want To Swap Ideas/points With Other "surfers", Not For Dealers Who Want To Score Points Off Each Other. This Is The Third Surf I've Had Over 12 Years So I Like To Think I Know My Way Around A Surf, I Looked At Several He Had And All Were Tip-top, My Choice Came Down To Colour And Price And I Haggled Hard And Got A Good Deal. The Place Has Been In Cradley For Ages, I Go Down That Way About Once A Month (to See My Aged P) And It's Been There Ever Since I Can Remember, And So If What You Say Is True, He Would Have Been Closed Down Years Ago.
          You're on your third Surf and this is your 2nd post and you are telling us what the forum is for !!!!!
          I know who i'm inclined to believe!
          Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Good for you

Comment

somet not quite right here!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by slim
                somet not quite right here!!!!!!!!!!
                Yeh I agree Slim I think he has used the right smiley after his post
                Last edited by paulh; 5 June 2005, 11:11.

Paul

Comment

lol
                  Tim
                  Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I take it that the above message is aimed at me. My partner and I are NOT rival dealers and where you got that idea from I will never know! We are two ordinary decent honest TRUTHFUL hard working people who have had the unfortune to buy a nackered car from fresh cars. Would you accept that if the same had happened to you like it has us that you would accept £200 as compensation? I think not! We are out to gain NOTHING out of this other than a car that works! We do not want to take this matter to court but we have tried every avenue available to us, it is the dealer who will not do the decent thing and return our money back. We have no choice now but to take legal action against this dealer. We have sent several emails and letters which he has not even had the decency to answer.

If any of the members of this site would like to come and view the Surf and look at the date of the reciept that we accuired it(and the papers from the breakdown service who towed us off the motorway one week after we got it) please leave me a message and I will gladly arrange it. We have nothing to hide.

I would like to send my appologies to all the forum members. I came on here for some advise and it now looks like its ended up in an arguement, this is not what I intended. We are very greatful for all the advise given by the members but think now it will have to be left to the courts to decide who is right and who is wrong.

This is our first Surf but sadly we got a nackered one, but it will not put us off getting another one. Maybe one day we will see you all at a beach BBQ!

A very angry Tinks

Comment

A very angry Tinks

My thoughts exactly on that one Tinks, don't worry about causing us any hassle that's what its' all about, helping other (honest) members, besides we like a good argument.

Paul

Comment

Well having seen what's gone on here, if Fresh Cars cared about their customers they would try to match Windisor - see here for how the "head" problem SHOULD be sorted.

Personally Tinks, I hope this matter is resolved for you correctly and fast, rather than the pathetic efforts you have experienced so far, even Arthur Daley would be ashmed of the way they have handled this.

Trev
                        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

i saw this thread first thing and all day its been bugging me that just after a problem comes up, someone else show up shouting the opposite. i thought, nah, you are being too cynical, after all, its easy to look good when you are selling good cars, and quite easy to look like a cowboy when something goes wrong, but its how you deal with it that makes the reputation. i think fresh cars reputation may have just got worse!
                          of course when oldsurfdude signs up we will see exactly who they are, and take it from there!
                          still plenty of other dealers out there..
                          good luck tinks!
                          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Quite simple really, I'm a moderator on a bike forum I visit and, if I need to, I have the facility to view the IP address of anyone that posts and can then query the WHOIS database, this helps weed out abusive / lying barstewards / wind up merchants in disguise.
                            Got to say this "good dealer" post does sound a bit suspect especially as Tinks already told us he'd been pointed in this direction.....

Oh yes, my cylinder head failed on the drive home as well, dealer paid for the repair with no quibbles, Good luck Tinks

Comment

Originally posted by Tinks
                              I take it that the above message is aimed at me. My partner and I are NOT rival dealers and where you got that idea from I will never know! We are two ordinary decent honest TRUTHFUL hard working people who have had the unfortune to buy a nackered car from fresh cars. Would you accept that if the same had happened to you like it has us that you would accept £200 as compensation? I think not! We are out to gain NOTHING out of this other than a car that works! We do not want to take this matter to court but we have tried every avenue available to us, it is the dealer who will not do the decent thing and return our money back. We have no choice now but to take legal action against this dealer. We have sent several emails and letters which he has not even had the decency to answer.

If any of the members of this site would like to come and view the Surf and look at the date of the reciept that we accuired it(and the papers from the breakdown service who towed us off the motorway one week after we got it) please leave me a message and I will gladly arrange it. We have nothing to hide.

I would like to send my appologies to all the forum members. I came on here for some advise and it now looks like its ended up in an arguement, this is not what I intended. We are very greatful for all the advise given by the members but think now it will have to be left to the courts to decide who is right and who is wrong.

This is our first Surf but sadly we got a nackered one, but it will not put us off getting another one. Maybe one day we will see you all at a beach BBQ!

A very angry Tinks

well put and good luck lets see what the courts say about it....

hope this is solved soon!!!!!!!!

p.s as per your last quote i thought that from the start!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X