AutoPlanet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AutoPlanet

Just bought my Surf from these guys, experiences was this. Huge selecton, multinational company owned by Jap conglomorate so hopefully not scammers. The prices seemed a bit over the top and the place was seething with salesmen. Anyway saw my 97 manual in pale blue with a wide body kit and a deep front spoiler (the only one with the spoiler I have seen by the way), the big selling point was it had 23,000 kilometers on the clock (yes, 16,000 miles). I did a cracking deal with them as I had no part x & no finance and got £1,800 off the screen price (stick to your guns when they ask you to sign there and then, they volunteered the last £300 for me not to go away and have a look at some others). Anyway all very fine, slightly dissapointend as I had agreed they would fix some paint blemishes and stone chips which the only did some and their "full valet" looked like a quick jetwash and a hoover but so so (My previous Pajero looked like a new car when I picked that up). The big problem was though that I had also paid them to fix a towbar which they had forgot to do. I offered to get it done locally if they gave me my money back as I was going on holiday on Wed and needed to tow my caravan and this was the Friday. Anyway the promised they would pick it up from my house, left a car and took it to be done on the Tuesday. Anyway, you guessed it, the ordered the wrong towbar (for a hilux, not a surf). After much shouting they delivered a 2 year old shogun sport 3.00 V6 (with a towbar on it) to my door on Tuesday night together with a cheque to get some tax. I added another 1500 miles to it in the next week. When I took it back, towbar was done, some of the stonechips were done. I gave them a bill for £90 to cover my insurance, new feet for my Thule roofrack and extra over for the appaling fuel consumption, no quibbles the cheque arrived two days later. Their manager was raging about it, she said it had cost her a fortune. So there it is, well chuffed with the car, the BIMTA mileage check showed all to be correct and the previous owner lived in Tokyo so I suppose it is genuine. So if you go there, stick to the basics and you will probably walk out smiling, just remeber you dont get "personal" service and they would very much prefer to flog you finance rather than a car.
    Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!
Working...
X