Car Planet ltd Warrington?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Planet ltd Warrington?

I've just been today & they have a Surf 3.0 in, looks to be in good condition, £6.5K. Not sure of age, the model is the SSR-X IIRC. Auto box, looks like nearly everything electric etc.
    Anyone had any dealings with them, good or bad, and any comments on what I should be looking at in terms of this vehicle? Underside looks remarkably clean, but ? would it have been steam cleaned to remove road !!!! & oil leaks etc.

I'm a newbie, so advice appreciated.

Have a good look at some others before you commit to buying this particular car. There are various dealers around your area who will quite happily relieve you of your folding. Have a good "surf" (excuse the pun) around this site before commiting yourself to the first one you see.
    There is a "search" function ayt the top of the page and invairably someone else has asked the question and has recieved an answer.
    NO WORRIES!
    Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by rusty
      Have a good look at some others before you commit to buying this particular car. There are various dealers around your area who will quite happily relieve you of your folding. Have a good "surf" (excuse the pun) around this site before commiting yourself to the first one you see.
      There is a "search" function ayt the top of the page and invairably someone else has asked the question and has recieved an answer.
      Probably wasn't going to commit to this one, was fishing more to see if people feel that this is a decent ball park figure.
      I think the vehicle itself is a 1993 reg, so to me £6.5K actually sounds a lot when a similar amount of money will buy a younger LR Discovery.

I'm thinking of a 4x4 for towing, so would want a decent kerbweight, decent power/torque, and for comfort & continental use aircon would be essential.

Shortlisted cars are:

Pajero
      Surf
      Discovery

TBH I'm a bit surprised by the ££££ that older imports seem to be going for, although it has to be said the ones I've seen are in pretty resonable condition for their ages & have a good spec, near to £7k for a 12 year old car seems a lot of money. It wasn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination either.

I'm going to look at performance & prestige in St helens & also gregory garage nr ormskirk, P&P seem to have a lot in and ££ seem a bit more reasonable than carplanet, and someone has reccomened gregory garage, so will take a gander there as well.

Comment

Take the age out of the equation.

Jap imports have a much easier life than their UK relatives - less miles and better conditions (no %$%^&^& road salt)

I paid £6995 for my 1993 3.0litre surf, and I love it - she's a cracker and well worth every penny.

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

True, and to be fair any younger LR vehicles tend to have been to the moon & back mileage wise.

Decisions, decisions.

Comment

Go and test drive a few - if you have a look on here there will probably be someone local to you who may let you crawl all over theirs and ask lots of questions.
            Personally I don't like
            Disco's - roll around too much when cornering/unreliable & I think LR have sold far too much on the name and the products are not the money.

Pajeros - I think they are small inside and I don't like 7 seat vehicles (unless you want a SWB)

I own a 4runner (Uk version of the Surf) and have had it for 2.5 years. I have spent loads on it (lift springs/lpg conversion/wheels&tyres etc) and I love it. It is the best car I have ever owned. I can get everything in it. It will pull my mates car transporter trailer (with a LR lighweight on it - weighs about 2 tonne (I know it's over the desin towing weight but it pulled it/stopped it effortlessly))

If you can afford it buy a 3rd gen (1996 onwards) they are permenant 4wd with a centre diff lock (I believe )
            NO WORRIES!
            Rusty

Comment

Gregorys Garage

Hi I bought my Surf from Gregorys 10 months ago for £6250 for a Gen 2 3.0TD SSR-X (N reg) They were great! It was the best car I ve ever had till some loon in a Transit van drove into it at 40mph!!!! Made a right mess of my towbar. Prestige in St. Helens have good quality cars but are over priced! If your local theres a guy in Southport imports Gen 3 Surfs all look tidy for around £7500 mark if you interested e-mail me for details. First ever response so I hope it comes out okay!!

Comment

Deleted.
                Last edited by Pauleds; 1 April 2005, 10:42.
                French fishing at it's best www.mayennefishing.com

Comment

is that the place with the imported scoobys and skylines there as well? near sainsburys?

if so all the surfs that were then in feb were pretty c***, had a great looking ssr-x on there site drove the 50 miles there... and it was junk it was a real mess inside and the bodywork wasent that good ether... only good things there were a few r34 skylines but judging by the state of the surfs they had in i wouldnt touch ether with a verry long tow rope...

if its not the place near sainsburys in warrington then just ignore me...

Comment

Deleted
                    Last edited by Pauleds; 1 April 2005, 10:43.

Comment

16" rims and traction control...?

Spare tyre cover, being underneath and all...?

A rare beast indeed...?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
                        16" rims and traction control...?

Spare tyre cover, being underneath and all...?

A rare beast indeed...?
                        Bwahahaha! they obviously don't know what the hell they are selling, or blatently lieing, either one isn't a good advert for a dealer.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Last time i try and help.

I had a great experience with them and was just trying to help you out.

I've deleted my posts so as to save myself further public ridicule.
                          Last edited by Pauleds; 1 April 2005, 10:43.

Comment

Working...
                          X