IP removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IP removal

I have a new (old) fuel pump to install.

How do I get the large pully nut off? The whole thing turns when I try to undo it

cheers

If it's attatched to your 3.0 then put a spanner on the crankshaft pulley to stop it turning.

Comment

OK, so like tightening the crankshaft against loosening the pump pulley?

So that means having two 22mm sockets... what do you think I am? A mechanic?

thanks for the reply!

Comment

22mm and a 19mm might be a better bet..

Comment

ooh might have a chance with that!

cheers

Comment

I'm at the stage where everything is off. Now I just need to get the pump out. I've tried a few taps with the limited space that I have but I may have to use a puller. Would this kind of thing be suitable? http://goo.gl/vkhAnV

Comment

It looks fine to me. Have you removed the rear bracket as well as the 2x12mm nuts? (it's quite hidden so easy to miss)

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
                It looks fine to me. Have you removed the rear bracket as well as the 2x12mm nuts? (it's quite hidden so easy to miss)
                Yep, the bracket is still on the IP but the two bolts are out from the body of the engine. It's all rotating and moving freely. I just need to loosen the woodruff key.

I'll try one of those kits then, cheers. I've also ordered a new belt while it's all in bits. The piston on the tensioner is super stiff so that looks OK for the time being.

Comment

I have tried a puller and still no luck. I was limited to the bolts that I have so longer bolts would possibly be better. I would then be able to use the little pointy adapter that keeps the shaft centred on the pump shaft. To do that I may have to take the fan / radiator shroud off for some extra room. Pah!

Comment

Working...
                  X