X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1001 Cleaner + Pressure Washer + Drying Time =

Another job crossed off

Very pleased, to be honest.

When I bought it, it had clearly been used as a dog's home The front right corner was actually worse (Black and I feared oil), but a quick hand scrub showed it would be worth the effort to clean.

1: Took it all out and soaked it in 1001 Carpet Cleaner (£2).
    2: Blitzed it with the Karcher
    3: Hung it in the gym to dry (sun decided to go away in favour of rain for the past few days)

Could do with another go but it took a few days to dry and I can't be bothered

A vast improvement and another job crossed off the list while I save for the big jobs.

Loads of cleaning to do, too.

Excellent, that looks like a good improvement.
    Brian

Comment

Nice results Sy. With your before and afters and the mention of various products, tools, etc reminds me of my numerous visits to the DetailingWorld site, next time you should do a 50/50 :P

Rog
      Last edited by fsaroyster; 14 June 2013, 21:36.

Comment

We will soon have you as a member of the elite shiny club before you know it sylux.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Fantastic result, there Sy. Mine looks like the first pic. It's "on the list", though. .
          " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
            Fantastic result, there Sy. Mine looks like the first pic. It's "on the list", though. .
            It's alright having a list mick but how long has it been on the list & when will you tackle it, that's the big question.
            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

My list is growing faster than I'm completing stuff

Comment

Mine is pretty grotty. I really ought to take it out and clean it seen as a 3L bottle of veg oil emptied everywhere last week.

I am going to get a cargo liner from roughtrax anyway, not bad for £35 quid.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob5464 View Post
                  Mine is pretty grotty. I really ought to take it out and clean it seen as a 3L bottle of veg oil emptied everywhere last week.

I am going to get a cargo liner from roughtrax anyway, not bad for £35 quid.
                  How about dyeing it black?
                  http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showpost....&postcount=247

Comment

Good job. Mine came from a farm and has previously had dogs in it who I think sat where they wanted. I've done the drivers footwelll with carpet cleaner and vax and it came up really well. I now need to do the rest of the car. Although its pretty clean inside I've noticed when the surf has been parked up in direct sunlight it smells of dog. I'm going to have to give the interior and seats a real good valet to see if it helps......another job for the holidays.

Comment

For that level I really would take them out to do it. Rear is easy and the front wouldn't be too mad.

Luckily my front is clean...ish

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                        It's alright having a list mick but how long has it been on the list & when will you tackle it, that's the big question.
                        It's a long list, is all, Si. In all fairness, I've been concerning myself with modifications, with more to come. (Modified Mk 3 Astra roof rails next.). So the valeting side of things has been low priority.
                        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                          Thats a very good product actually I might. I used some rattle can dye on a set of seats once but it was pretty expensive.

I might still get a liner though as I have found myself stuck in the mud a few times. I have a crate of gear to help me out but there is generally a big mess in the back by the end of it. I have one of those plastic tray slide-in jobbies but don't like it. Admittedly I am just being fussy.

I originally wanted to cut out some flooring like I have at work. Its black with a sparkling metallic finish. It would look really good and be easy to clean but its a bit costly.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tarkett-Sa...item257ecd1677

Comment

That came up really well....congrats.
                            I may yet do mine!

Comment

Yeh. The longest bit is waiting for them to dry.

Would have been quicker if outside on a hot day. but constant rain meant they hung in the gym with fans on them

Checkout the missing part you've sent me

Comment

Working...
                              X