yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2x Q's - Air con wiring / pipe possibly missing ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2x Q's - Air con wiring / pipe possibly missing ?

Two questions.

I've removed the air con rad / compressor etc and I'm wondering whether the wiring in my pic (bolted to the aircon rad originally) can all be cropped off and sealed up.

2nd question - there is a hose barb just down and left of the oil filter drain hose outlet (broken off in my pic) Is it meant to have something connected to it ?

Thanks.

Rob.
    Attached Files

You can get rid of all the A/C wiring from the engine bay, even that extra relay box thats attached to the main fusebox.
    I do it to the V8 conversions.

Can't help with your second photo.

Comment

Thanks Vince.

Comment

Drain outlet for the engine coolant?

BTW did you find any more info on those oil filter adapters?

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
          Drain outlet for the engine coolant?

BTW did you find any more info on those oil filter adapters?

Nev
          Hi Nev,

My truck project went on a big hold last year so I never got around to ordering and fitting the oil cooler stuff. (tbh I'd completely forgotten about it)

I've just got started back on it so will hopefully get in contact with the company within a few months - Right now I've just started saving for a new head which will take some time.

Rob.

Comment

As Nev mentioned the second picture is the drain for the coolant. I really like this design because at the moment I am doing a head gasket and drained coolant from there. It allowed me to drain enough coolant to pull the head but not have to drain all of the coolant. Its a trick to fit a hose onto that barb to not have the coolant go everywhere though...

Comment

The drain bolt is brass and you have to careful when doing it, as mine looked untouched since being built. So when I undid it I cross threaded it - a big laugh that was....

By ploddit at 2011-05-25

By ploddit at 2011-05-25
              Last edited by Ploddit; 2 April 2012, 07:48.

Comment

Working...
              X