Beating the system.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beating the system.

Just got my logbook back for the new 3rd Gen!

I filled in new owners bit, and filled in section in 'Changes to current vehicle' to Estate instead of Light Utility, nothing more, no other details.

And its sorted.

Maybe we are overcomplicating things with all the letters and pics, drawing attention to yourself is obviously the wrong way to do it.

K.I.S.S..... are all, this is a Government dept.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Originally posted by TonyN View Post

Just got my logbook back for the new 3rd Gen!

I filled in new owners bit, and filled in section in 'Changes to current vehicle' to Estate instead of Light Utility, nothing more, no other details.
    Hehe, my Surf is down as being a saloon! Keep wondering whether I should change it. What model is yours down as?
    https://galooph.com

Comment

I have three Surfs, one 2nd gen and two 3rd gens. All are diferent according to the DVLA. The 1991 2nd gen is classed as an 'Estate', the 1996 3rd gen is a 'Light 4X4 utility' and the 2001 3rd gen is a 'MPV'.
      All of them are PLG and I pay the correct amount for road rent.

Comment

tried sending in logbook with just the change and they sent it back so sent it with a letter that i copied from a member who had his changed along with pics and got it back unchanged with a letter from dvla saying its classed right as its higher then normal estate cars so sent it off again with another more detailed letter and pics and you guessed it i got it back yesterday unchanged with a letter from a helen hinkin saying they are still right and that if i get a headed letter from toyota saying its an estate car and not a light utility vehicle(some hope of that)then they will change it.
        next step is to take car to the local tax office and try to convince them that its not a military vehicle which is the definition of a light utility vehicle and is infact an estate car complete with baby seat and 1 boxer dog a 2 boxer puppies.
        anyone having as much trouble as i am getting v5 changed and has anyone done the visit to the tax office thing and how did it go

Comment

Working...
        X