slipping gears 2.4 auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slipping gears 2.4 auto

hi guys i know this has been cover already but still not been able to resolve and its been doing it all day

gears occaisionally slipping when I pull away, I bring it down to low then move it up to drive once moving and its okay. Th O/D OFF light flashes now and again as well? This is all intermitent (but getting more frequent) and other than this the truck is fine.

all fluids are spot on and not convinced it lazy selonoids is there anything else i can check

thanks guys

If you haven't already, get the engine up to temperature. Cycle through all the gears and check the fluid. check there's enough first. It should be a nice pink colour. If it's not, it needs changing. With the flashing o/d light. You need to find a thread detailing how to do the diagnostic check...bridge terminals Te and Te1. Switch ignition on and count the flashes. The amount of flashes determines what (if any) problem you have.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

cheers mate cycled the gears and levels are spot on anyone have any other ideas didnt want to jumper the diags ports just yet was also thinking of adding an extra ATF cooler but was worried about restricting airflow to the normal rad anyone ever fitted one was thinking of adding its own fan as well

cheers

Comment

The clue is in the phrase "DIAGNOSTIC CHECK" ...

Your Surf is trying to tell you that it doesn't feel well - if you identify what the problem could be then you're likely to be closer to fixing it !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Cheers Bud i know about the diags but suspect there is no error code and wnat to try and get aas much inof as possible so i can spend a day playing about to see if i can fix it

thanks for your comments though
          Last edited by BAV1; 26 April 2011, 20:37.

Comment

OK guys so heres an update

took drivers side wheel off as would not free wheel spent 3 hours getting pads out outside pad came out dead easy after evetually freeing bottom pin

but engine side pad was stuck solid eventually got it out and new pads in

no chhh chhh chhhh noise (low wear indictators not yet proud of disk surface)
            no shudder
            no pulling
            brakes MUCH more responsive

as an added bonus my geabox issues also seem to have been resolved WOOOHOO as no problem for over a week can only assume gearbox was sensing load from stuck brake

however just thought I would cycle through low4 gears just to cycle oil but this has brought my gear problems back straight away

I'm thinking maybe an issue with the ADD system does anyone have any thoughts

thanks for all you help so far i know it must be something stupid as problems for months , fix brakes and goes away for a week no flashing O/D light or anything, then put it in low couple of meters back and forth in a straight line and gear probs back

can anyone think of a link I'm thinking ADD or VAC problem has anyone done the ADD mod with the jubliee clip I'm thinking maybe its engaging 4wd as will pull away in 4wd without issue but not disengaging correctly (put all drive should be coming from rear wheels when 4wd disengaged)

cheers guys

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showpost....8&postcount=50

Comment

just a quick one regarding diognostic codes for the A340E autobox. dont know if this helps

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

thanks mate much appreciated

although I do get a flasing O/D light I get no code when jumpering diag port trying to work out what happends when i select L4 as this was the trigger and had been working for over a work

thanks mate

Comment

How did you check your atf levels?

what colour is your atf,as it has been nearly a year I would change your atf just to be sure.
                    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by BAV1 View Post
                      thanks mate much appreciated

although I do get a flasing O/D light I get no code when jumpering diag port
                      Does the light flash or not when you bridge E1 and TE1?

Comment

checked ATF with engine running and cycling through gears and looks nice and red swapped agin in january as i was doing oil and filter, fuel filter, etc before its MOT

which it passed with just and advisory on the brakes which is why i took them to peices

when I jumper the ports i get no error code on the dash but it does flash from time time when diving (to indicate a fault code has been registered but cant pull any code off)

thanks guys

Comment

Was the engine and box at temp and not just idling
                          You really need to take it for a run of at least 10 to 15 mins and check the level with the truck level.
                          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

yes mate up to to temp have donw it cold and after driving home also after motorway run

a motorway run or blast usually gets it working

cheers

Comment

Working...
                            X