Fuel prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel prices

I've been having chats with HMRC this week, I'm newly self employed.

Twice now - from two different inspectors chatting in a break... they expect diesel to be £1.50/litre by Easter and £1.54/litre by the end of the year

Now i know yes fuel prices will rise but they gave figures and dates but would not tell me anything else..

This is just what they told me so i offer no evidence what so ever...

Back in the day Baby

Isn't there still another 9ppl duty to be applied before April.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I asked but they would not give any more info ...the first time I heard it was day one of course I 'm on, talking about vehicles and claiming mileage.
      I ignored it as just chat, but when it was repeated by a different inspector a few days later ...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

I'm sure there is, one at 7ppl and another at 2ppl. The rest will be made up with VAT (yep, there's VAT on the duty) and the extra transportation costs.

Comment

well you didn't think they where going to raise enough money to repay all these depts by any clever means did you?

it always comes down the motorist, because they built a society around the car, and know you will have to pay it to live your life.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Its alarming how much the cost is going through the roof, prices here are 132.9 for diesel, but a 3litre bottle of Asda veg oil is £3.13 so that works out at roughly £1.04 a litre, so I may start topping up with oil from Asda's shelves, but it's likely that I will have to source a second cheaper car for running back and forward to work in, the surf is just getting too expensive as an everyday car, but I'm not selling it as Its a fantastic truck and if I'm not using it everyday then a few mods may be in order

Comment

I don't mind, yet. It's not like I pay finance or anything. £1.39 for DERV Fuel here

Comment

Hmm, easy for the criminal politicians to lump it on fuel, when they don't pay a penny for fuel, but claim it all on expenses. And with Tory mentality, driving will slowly become the reserve of the well to do...
                3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

Originally posted by malxwal View Post
                  driving will slowly become the reserve of the well to do...
                  Like it used to be.

Comment

You need to move to Iran. Diesel costs 2 cents per litre there. yes that's 2 US cents per litre. Course, there's the whole no booze thing and the stoning and all, but even so...

Comment

I'm sure they had near riots in Qatar recently, when the price of fuel was put up to 11p per gallon.

Comment

Did we not have blockades a few year back when prices got up to considerably less than this? It would cost me more in public transport and several hours each way to get to work. Raising fuel duty further is simply not a fair way of increasing state revenue. £138.9 in some places near me already!!

Ben

Comment

The fuel duty element is something like 65%. The remaining 35% includes all of the VAT (including the VAT on the duty!). It's becoming obscene.

Comment

The Govt. don't seem to realise the effect that taxes on fuel have on rural economies or those that live in rural areas. It is effectively taxing folk in those areas for going to work!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_D View Post
                              The Govt. don't seem to realise the effect that taxes on fuel have on rural economies or those that live in rural areas. It is effectively taxing folk in those areas for going to work!
                              They don't want you to live in a rural area. They want you to move to a city - fields are for hunting foxes in

Comment

Working...
                              X