My S U R F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My S U R F

So, I bought a Surf a few weeks ago, and finally got round to taking a few pics of it.

It is an early 3rd Gen 3.0 TD Auto and I am liking the non-plastic look.

Dirty:

Now clean:

Things to do:

Get new mirror (drivers door mirror smashed by passing van ).

Install my CB

Purchase a new stereo/cd as the one in the car is pants

Get a jack - if I get a puncture at the moment I can't lower the under-rear spare )

i have got the jack and parts from the 2nd gen breakers if they are the same as the 3rd gens.Make a suitable offer and i will sort them out for you.It willbe about £10 postage due to the wieght tho
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
      i have got the jack and parts from the 2nd gen breakers if they are the same as the 3rd gens.Make a suitable offer and i will sort them out for you.It willbe about £10 postage due to the wieght tho
      Thanks mate....have already phoned a local (well, within 20 miles) breaker who has broken a few 2nd gens and had a jack on ebay last week (it didn't sell ).

...I am hoping that the 2nd gen jack and the 3rd gen are very similar as I need the jack handle to lower the spare...I'm presuming the square block/key is the same?

Comment

I quite like the non plastic look mate, nice truck.

Do you think you could take a few pic's of the interior & under the bonnet cos there's not many like yours about, wondering if anything else is different to ours.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

OK si....good idea.....i'll take some tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Ava_Banana View Post
            OK si....good idea.....i'll take some tomorrow.
            Nice one mate.

Comment

Interior....

....had to take it on my phone, so sorry about quality...

..also forgot to take one under the bonnet....again..tomorrow...

Comment

why isn't the gear selector on that side on all of them???

Always surprises me that I have to lean a bit to reach it, especially thinking of the little Japanese people trying to do it.

Yes I know its an auto, but still be good to reach it easlily when you have to

Comment

Good to see you don't have the tacky wooden trim everywhere, well all looks normal there mate.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                    Good to see you don't have the tacky wooden trim everywhere, well all looks normal there mate.

?? did you not look at the photo ...he's been done ....theres no peddle on the left and his gears only go to 2.....!!

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell View Post
                      ?? did you not look at the photo ...he's been done ....theres no peddle on the left and his gears only go to 2.....!!
                      OH MY GOD, your right

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                        Is it similar to your interior? It doesn't have a hard/soft suspension button, but does have the idle up one....most useful for warming the car in this weather.

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell View Post
                          ..bugger, I knew it was cheap for a reason......I'll just have to row the Prndl Stick quicker.

Comment

It's missing the curling tongs and hair dryer too
                            ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by Ava_Banana View Post
                              So, I bought a Surf a few weeks ago, and finally got round to taking a few pics of it.

It is an early 3rd Gen 3.0 TD Auto and I am liking the non-plastic look.

Dirty:

Now clean:

Things to do:

Get new mirror (drivers door mirror smashed by passing van ).

Install my CB

Purchase a new stereo/cd as the one in the car is pants

Get a jack - if I get a puncture at the moment I can't lower the under-rear spare )
                              Respray it black.

Comment

Working...
                              X