Rear Bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Bumper

Now the eagle eyed out there that know my poor truck will have noticed in the last few photos the rear bumper has been missing.

Unfortunately back in January whilst pressure washing the salt off (rare thing water hitting my truck I know), a piece of the rear bumper shot off. Now when I say a piece it was large enougth for my hand to go through.
    So I took the bumper off and found I had lost my battle with rust, the chrome was shot over most of the quarter panels, and alot of the back of the centre section. I priced up a replacement and went into minor shock, so thought I'd try something different.
    Luckily work has a media blaster, so I convinced someone to donate their lunch breaks and he returned a bumper with even less metal.
    Now eight months later here is the bumper.

It has been rebuilt using vast quantities of fibreglass, mesh filler, and finally finishing filler. All items I haven't used before. After alot of sanding (I wasn't really any good with the fibreglass or filler) she got four coats of colour matched paint, and five coats of clear coat using the air gun (something else I haven't used before).

I think at the end of the day I've spent just under £100 (the paint and clear coat came to £50), but I think she looks quite good.
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

It looks really good mate, nice work.

I would destroy it in no time offroad, but then I am a bit rough.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Very tidy Job Mate

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell View Post
        Very tidy Job Mate
        Nice one Duane

Hi Mark nice to see ya on again..
        Hows ya Truck doing !!!!
        Jess

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never ever see it Comin !!!!
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Damn, why didnt i think o that, i made my own bumper out of scaffolding walk boards, look on the pics from the most recent trip to drumclog

Comment

Looks good. So much better, that colour, than chrome.

Comment

gotta say it looks good
              but
              why did you go through all the hassle, why didnt you just buy one from a scrapper?
              私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                gotta say it looks good
                but
                why did you go through all the hassle, why didnt you just buy one from a scrapper?
                Because it a scrappys would have rust, these things rust from the inside out.
                This way there is no rust at all, and just in case it has been treated with rust nutraliser. So in theory it should out last the truck.
                Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                  Looks good. So much better, that colour, than chrome.
                  Yeah grey is the new, old, and future black. The must be seen in colour. Those who have true taste drive grey.

Problem is the front one is still chrome.
                  Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                    Because it a scrappys would have rust, these things rust from the inside out.
                    This way there is no rust at all, and just in case it has been treated with rust nutraliser. So in theory it should out last the truck.
                    now you gonna have me checking the inside of mine for rust
                    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                      now you gonna have me checking the inside of mine for rust
                      You'll have some, no fear of that.

Comment

Working...
                      X