yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2.4 Injection pump leak underneath. How to fix !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4 Injection pump leak underneath. How to fix !

Hi there.
    I have just done this repair to my 2.4 ssr-x so read on and I hope this will help you if you have the same problem.
    If you have found you have a fuel leak coming from the underneath of your pump, It could be one or more of the following. ( if you have found it's NOT the top leaking).
    This leak is a strange one, it will leak fuel like mad until the engine warms up, then the leak slows down or even stops.

First, there is a solenoid at the back of the pump underneath below the distributor end.
    (4 pipes to the injectors) this can be repaired in situ with out pump removal.
    Just remove the end mounting plate, remove solenoid (2 x 5mm Allen bolts) and replace the rubber O ring which is inside the hole were the solenoid fits.

Second, small plate at the bottom of pump facing you, behind the electrics joining blocks for the pump, This job can also be done in situ without removing the pump.
    Remove the plate with the electrics wire's on (3 x 5mm Allen bolts) after that the small plate is in front of you , just unbolt (2 x 5mm Allen bolts) this plate and be sure you don't loose the spring behind it , the rubber O ring seal is set in a recess, Just flick out with a screwdriver and replace, remember to put the spring back .

The third one is another plate similar to the previous one, only this one is on the other side of the pump nearest the engine block, there is no spring but use's the same O ring seal and same 2 x 5mm Allen bolts. BUT WAIT FOR IT............................ ...
    YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE PUMP TO DO THIS ONE !!!

I know what your saying, the same as me when I had to do mine.
    Hope this all helps you all with the same problem, the leak on mine was the one nearest the engine block, but I replaced the others while I had the pump out.
    All the best.
    FLYMO
    P,S. Use a mirror and a torch to see if the leak is coming from the plate nearest the block, that's what i did.
    All The Best !
    Last edited by flymo; 27 January 2008, 18:57.

Blinding. I'm gonna have a go at mine, when I can get some time.

Simon

Comment

Relieved

Thanks for the info flymo, have those exact symptoms, leaking like mad when cold and stops when hot, am sure I can tackle this with more confidence now.
      regards from down under

Comment

just did this to my pump.

It helped, but did not fix. i think its coming from ether the Seal on the distributor part or the solenoid on top of it...

Suggestion?

I have the seal but did not want to take the back of the pump off at the time but now it looks like i have to.

Has some one done this? can it be dont? Should i try? can i try with the pump still on the engine?

just spent the 8 hour of work to do it all, dont want to spend it again if possible

Comment

Working...
        X