removal of surf decals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removal of surf decals

got a 3rd gen surf with surf decals on side.been toying with the idea of removing them.anyone got any gen on the best way of doin it?or is it better to leave them on to avoid damage to paintwork!

I've taken decals off loads of cars and never damaged the paint. Heat with hairdryer, peel off slowly, remove any residue with glue remover or (carefully) cellulose thinners. Job done!!

Comment

I did that when I got my surf, I had an ugly Brown Go faster stripe down both sides. Used a Hair Dryer, and used a bit of unleaded to get what was left of the glue off.
      I like Orientals

Comment

Removing Decals

Hi Trev.
        You should remove the decals by heating them gently with a heat gun, the type you would strip paint with.
        Heat gently to soften the adhesive then catch a corner with a blade, and pull. This way most of the glue will come away with the plastic. Any residue can be removed with a spray of WD40 or wipe with petrol.
        If you can't find a heat gun you could try boiling water, but that way's tedious.

A.Professional.
        Paul
        It needs more Chrome!

Comment

cheers m8,mlght give it a go

Comment

Did mine the other week using a caramel wheel. It did the job brilliently, and after Tcuting and polishing even I'm having problems finding where the Decals were.
            Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

B U G G E R !!!!

I've just stuck mine on - thought the sides looked a bit plain

ta

hawaii
              I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Stickers

Does that method work on stickers ?

got a few Jap ones on the rear door and bumper
                Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

The caramel wheel removed all the stickers and the adhesive from the metal work, but not from the glass. Oh well can't have it always.
                  Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

a hair dryer followed by nail varnish remover , keep the heat at the point you are pulling off and follow it along slowly as you pull. i think a heat gun would be too hot IMHO.

A STANLEY KNIFE BLADE IS USEFULL ON GLASS to remove the glue , but if you take your time no glue should remain.

Comment

I was looking at getting the big SURF decals put on mine. But Toyota don't do the ones I want. I think you can get hold of the 3rd gen ones though.

Comment

Some here.....

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/DCAL_Toyota...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Comment

caramel wheel

Originally posted by Maverick
                          The caramel wheel removed all the stickers and the adhesive from the metal work, but not from the glass. Oh well can't have it always.
                          what is a caramel wheel and where can you get one. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gaffer39
                            what is a caramel wheel and where can you get one. thanks
                            http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=23282

Comment

Working...
                            X