new batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new batteries

my battery (batteries?) finally got replaced today, i cleaned the surf sunday, (door lights on) and went to use it monday, barely enough power to turn it over, let alone start it, it seems one of the batteries was duff, and was pulling the other down so i replaced em both anyway, £35 apiece from 'celtic batteries', in treharris, s wales (note the batteries are left and right handed), so i think for what i payed, with 2yr guarantee, it was a very good price....
    [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Originally posted by stara
    my battery (batteries?) finally got replaced today, i cleaned the surf sunday, (door lights on) and went to use it monday, barely enough power to turn it over, let alone start it, it seems one of the batteries was duff, and was pulling the other down so i replaced em both anyway, £35 apiece from 'celtic batteries', in treharris, s wales (note the batteries are left and right handed), so i think for what i payed, with 2yr guarantee, it was a very good price....
    cheap!!!!!! nothing worse than duff batteries, specially in the winter
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Batteries...

One of those things that you don't think about 'till they let you down.
      I've heard that Surf's (especially the 2nd gens) have dodgy alternators.
      I had to get mine done on my old '93.

Comment

l always find it best to change both batteries at the same time.
        Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by Hilux
          l always find it best to change both batteries at the same time.
          yep i had my alternator refurbed earlier this year, must have been on its way out for a while cause once it was done there was a big difference in the charging. Flew over on start up lights brighter big difference.
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Batteries

My 2.4 serf had a engine transplant by a previous owner now 3 ltr diesel but to buy new batteries I quote my reg number get batteries for 2.4 , but is cranking size for 2.4 good enough for a 3 ltr also would a bigger size fit the space in engine compartment, if any one knows the answer please let me know,
            Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by skandaman View Post
              My 2.4 serf had a engine transplant by a previous owner now 3 ltr diesel but to buy new batteries I quote my reg number get batteries for 2.4 , but is cranking size for 2.4 good enough for a 3 ltr also would a bigger size fit the space in engine compartment, if any one knows the answer please let me know,
              Thanks.
              12V 70ah batteries will do, The batteries for the 2.4 Im sure are the same, Type 068 and 069 Left and right handed.

see here. http://www.alpha-batteries.co.uk/068...atteries-pair/
              Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                12V 70ah batteries will do, The batteries for the 2.4 Im sure are the same, Type 068 and 069 Left and right handed.

see here. http://www.alpha-batteries.co.uk/068...atteries-pair/
                Thanks for that , not sure I'm changing them just adjusted fan belts they had gone really slack I checked battery on my tester and loads of power there in the green , a couple of years ago I put Epsom salts mixed with distilled water in them rejuvenated them , so after charged up will see how long they go.

Comment

Working...
                X