yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not sure if this counts but why not......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if this counts but why not......

Hello all, im new to the forum and i suppose relativity new to surfs. i have a 2.4 and a new shiny 3.0, both gen 2s and something a little different... She will be abit of a miss match, im using the front half of a surf chassis and sat on top of that will be a mk3 hilux cab and behind the cab will be space frame all with fiber glass bed sides and a full fiberglass flip front. oh and my power plant is a mk3 Toyota supra 3L turbo modified. now the build will begin. Not really sure what to say from here cause im not sure if this is a surf or a hilux any more......... Going to be a giggle tho

We don't mind pick ups over here... if its a toyota 4x4, then keep posting!
    keep us all updated with pics of the build bud.
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
      We don't mind pick ups over here... as long as it's only got two doors.

Fixed that for you.

Comment

That sounds fun!! We need pics!

If you have any 7M-GTE questions ask away and I'll try and help, I have a bit of experience with these engines

What's been done to the engine?
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
          That sounds fun!! We need pics!

If you have any 7M-GTE questions ask away and I'll try and help, I have a bit of experience with these engines

What's been done to the engine?
          It is the 7m-gte, I ran one in my pick up for a few months till she went pop (hence me buying the 2.4 surf) and i was going to do the head on her again but decided to buy a new lump instead. she already has the 550cc injectors and the fuel preasure regulator, and once there is room in the kitchen i will be fitting my T4 turbo and top mount manifoldto it. the issue im having is sourcing a reasonable priced wideband fuel air comp.

The lump just after fuel preasure regulator was fitted

The T4 and the manifold along with one pair of shocks and yes that is a hydro handbrake

The chassis i shall be using
          http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/115...0320184440.jpg

And finaly, one of the seats i will be using with added foam cusioning once fitted (like hens teeth to find these were!!!)
          http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/5...1024122219.jpg

Comment

Kewl!
            I hope you're going to polish that intake and valve cover.

Are hydraulic handbrakes MOT-able? I though hand/parking brakes had to be mechanical.

Comment

Woah, that brings back some memories!! I love the 7M-GTE "shove in the back" when it comes on song... it doesn't last for long, but it is so brutal.

As you are upping the boost I take it you have uprated the headgasket and headstuds?

Are you running a 1uz AFM or aftermarket management?

My first ever engine transplant was a 7M-GE auto -> 7M-GTE Manual in a MKIII supra at 18!!

I miss mkiii supras... Straight line my old ones would annihilate my current E46 M3.

I keep meaning to build a 1UZ one
              Last edited by Karma Supra; 29 March 2013, 03:53.
              More Lift.
              More Tyres.
              More Engine.

Comment

A 1uz supra? Why? Just as wells go for a 2jz-gte. Mmmm 2jz
                well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Another 2JZ Supra.... *yawn*

They turn in better with a lighter block.
                  More Lift.
                  More Tyres.
                  More Engine.

Comment

Can also help turn in with a few extra mill of rake.
                    well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Sponsored by Vans

Suspect Nato Green containers in the background?
                      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

I am sure this will be an epic build. but please shrink your pictures

Comment

2jzs are good, but they are expensive, and i just love the kick in the head you get from the 7m! pluss unlike the 2jz a badly tuned rough running 7m will still give epic delivery. Id rather have brute force and and a sledge hammer then feeler guages and a vernier caliper any day, if that makes sense...?

Comment

Originally posted by Rob5464 View Post
                            I am sure this will be an epic build. but please shrink your pictures
                            How do i do that? im no good at this internet lark, i only just managed to get them on imageshack (internet generation my arse im 22 an the things scare me!). and yee she will be diffirnt!!

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                              Sponsored by Vans

Suspect Nato Green containers in the background?
                              I live in vans! like slippers! That pic was taken at my camp motor club so there my be empty cans ready to catch oil cluttering up the place. hehe

Comment

Working...
                              X