annoying very loose rattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

noisy surf

hello mate ive got exactly the same problem ive changed the anti roll bar bushes the steering idler noise is still there we think the noise is coming from behind the front hubb next to the gatter going to garage on monday for diagnostic if we have a positive answer we will contact you asap jock

Comment

Originally posted by zulu
      can anyone help me please when ever i go over any bumps in me truck i get a very loose sounding rattle from the front suspension i just cant find nothing loose under there it sound like its under my side and about to drop off at any minute but everything i have touched is solid and sound!!
      Check to make sure the anti rattle clip on the brake caliper is on and doing its job.
      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

i had a rattle when goin over bumps could only realy hear it with the window down and couldn't
        tell where it was from, turned out that it was the spare wheel on the back door it was bangin about in the clasp when went over the bumps
        just packed out the metal bar it shuts onto, job done!

Comment

Originally posted by The Mechanic
          The front drive shafts where CV joint enters hub can create a racket when going over bumps too!......I'll get me coat
          Yep thats what rattles on mine if you get hold of the drive shaft bit with all the nuts and bolts on it see how much play you have

Comment

Originally posted by jock67
            hello mate ive got exactly the same problem ive changed the anti roll bar bushes the steering idler noise is still there we think the noise is coming from behind the front hubb next to the gatter going to garage on monday for diagnostic if we have a positive answer we will contact you asap jock
            i now know what my noise was you were all right /idle arm/ followed closely by me bronze bush change which has stoped the problemo completo yeeeeha thanks yoallll for your help your all leg ends!!

Comment

Sorted my rattle yesterday,I put some pro comp 9000s +2" and anti roll bar bushes on to complete my lift. The rattle was coming from the upper shroud on the original Toyota shocks. I found this out by tapping one when it was off .

Comment

another rattle...

I've got a similar rattle (right-front wheel well, mostly over small, sharp bumps, can only hear it with the window open, everything seems solid that I've grabbed underneath but something sounds like it's going to fall off, etc.) I've already replaced all the bushings on the anti-roll bar (both sides).

One additional clue- the rattle seems to go away if I drag my brakes a little while going over the bumps (obviously not a permanent fix..) Any ideas? this rattle's driving me nuts.
                if bush comes to shrub...

Comment

Originally posted by charvell
                  Check to make sure the anti rattle clip on the brake caliper is on and doing its job.
                  Could you tell me how to find/check this clip? Thanks,
                  if bush comes to shrub...

Comment

my rattle was definatley the bronze bushes at the end of my dive shafts. if you put your truck in to 4 wheel drive and go over a bump and the sound is not as bad it maybe the same problem as mine 80 quid for the new bushes from roughtrax

Comment

very loose rattle

i have same problem heard before seen checked everything changed bushes toyota checked it told its the suspension

Comment

did the discs and pads last week and nipped up the wheel bearings and got rid of most of my rattle
                        john....
                        i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Working...
                        X