adventures with torsion bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
    Before you take them out make sure your upper arms are not sitting on their bumpstops - I recall you saying they were wound up to match a rear lift ?

My surf was horrible with the bars wound up 2" on the front. Reason being there was hardly any drop on the front suspension. I've bought 1" bj spacers to give some movement there. Just need to get them fitted.

Rob.
    Ill have a gander..but i think it is down to them being too stiff initially. If you have a big heavy winch & bumper, or a V8 they would probably be OK. An as i say, on the road they are spot on.

Thinking about it i think they were marked N/S & O/S and they were fitted accordingly.

Comment

I rebushed my front ARB with polybushes. Its road manners are much better, and its easier to remove for offroad flex than a set of torsion bars!
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

thats a good plan..!!

depending on how it feels if & when i finally get my dampers on, i may go back to stock bars and springs (albeit +2") with spacers for the extra inch

Comment

Rob,

Yes, fit the D/S to the Right Hand Side in your case, with N/S on the Left.

*Useless info to you, but we have since changed our bars to be LH and RH to eliminate this confusion.

Regards,

Kristian Ristell

Suspension Product Manager

Ironman 4x4 Suspension

Corner Westall and Centre Roads,

Clayton, Victoria, Australia, 3168.

Ph: +61 (03) 9532-1111

www.ironmansuspension.com

Comment

Working...
          X