Help broken down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tintin View Post
    I've got a 2.4 altenator on the breaker if it's any good to you.

Alan
    Hi Alan, I might be up for that...I have a scrapper and thought I could just swap them over ...both 2.4 tdi diesel manual and 1991 but the alternators are different so I will post picture and if it is a match then let me know how much you want for it, thanks

If I got pictures by 12 tomorrow any chance you could get it to sent to me tomorrow?

PM me thanks

Cheers
    Mark

Comment

Assuming it won't be treading on anyone elses toes (obviously, Alan is first in the queue! Not sure if anyone else has made any offers to you on other threads either...) I've got a brand new alternator that won't fit my 2.4 (No means of attaching a vacuum pump).

I'll get a photo of it on here a little later to see if it's the type you're after.
      Its a 100amp output alternator (standard ones are 60 or 70 amp I think) so it might come in handy for extra spotlights, etc.

I will get around to listing all my Surf bits n bobs on the for sale section at some point, honest! lol

EDIT: (clarified that I've joined the back of madcampbells "options queue"!)
      Last edited by Rustinho; 27 July 2011, 22:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
        Assuming it won't be treading on anyone elses toes (obviously, Alan is first in the queue! Not sure if anyone else has made any offers to you on other threads either...) I've got a brand new alternator that won't fit my 2.4 (No means of attaching a vacuum pump).

I'll get a photo of it on here a little later to see if it's the type you're after.
        Its a 100amp output alternator (standard ones are 60 or 70 amp I think) so it might come in handy for extra spotlights, etc.

I will get around to listing all my Surf bits n bobs on the for sale section at some point, honest! lol

EDIT: (clarified that I've joined the back of madcampbells "options queue"!)
        Rusty if you can post pics as its hit and miss if either match mine so would be appreciated, from what I can tell Alan has offered the alternator to help as opposed to make a profit and I can then see which matches

again all help greatly appreciated

Thanks Gents

Cheers
        Mark

Comment

I'm happy either way, If Rusty's fits it would obviously be better than a 1993 one!

Put the pics up asap so we can see if either are any use!

Alan
          www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

I'm happy either way, If Rusty's fits it would obviously be better than a 1993 one!

Put the pics up asap so we can see if either are any use!

Alan
            Unfortunately I cannot post pics till 12 in the morning after the AA have dropped me off

Thanks
            Both

Bed time for me now, love this forum, cheers guys

Comment

No worries, catch you 2moro

Alan
              www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Pictures of alternator:

Comment

If Rusty's fits it would obviously be better than a 1993 one!

Alan
                  It won't, don't worry.

Just look at the vacuum pump, EFI trucks have it behind the pully on the front of the alt, older non-efi trucks have it on the back of the alt.

Roughtrax only sell the newer type.

There are EFI crossover trucks with the old style headlights/indicators, they tend to have the newer type stuff on them but best to check first, its easy to see.
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                    It won't, don't worry.

Doesn't hurt to try!

Have you any idea what sort of Surf/4runner it should fit? (I'm guessing that I'll have to flog it to get shot of it!)

It *should* fit a 1991 2.4 according to what I ordered. Have to say, I'm pretty miffed at Mr Alternator for not even having the courtesy to reply to my email saying "sorry mate, you've had it too long for a return" or something similar.

Comment

It won't, don't worry.

Just look at the vacuum pump, EFI trucks have it behind the pully on the front of the alt, older non-efi trucks have it on the back of the alt.

Roughtrax only sell the newer type.

There are EFI crossover trucks with the old style headlights/indicators, they tend to have the newer type stuff on them but best to check first, its easy to see.
                      ....so Tony do you have one?

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
                        Doesn't hurt to try!

Have you any idea what sort of Surf/4runner it should fit? (I'm guessing that I'll have to flog it to get shot of it!)

It *should* fit a 1991 2.4 according to what I ordered. Have to say, I'm pretty miffed at Mr Alternator for not even having the courtesy to reply to my email saying "sorry mate, you've had it too long for a return" or something similar.
                        i think someone mentioned it in your thread, it'll fit a petrol 2.4 pickup, may fit the 2.0 and the 2.2's as well, but not sure they are two different engine types. I'd bung it on ebay or a pickup forum.

Originally posted by madcampbell View Post
                        ....so Tony do you have one?
                        Is Tintins not any good then? I have a Front pump alt, but don't think I have a rear pump one but will check.

Comment

i think someone mentioned it in your thread, it'll fit a petrol 2.4 pickup, may fit the 2.0 and the 2.2's as well, but not sure they are two different engine types. I'd bung it on ebay or a pickup forum.

Is Tintins not any good then? I have a Front pump alt, but don't think I have a rear pump one but will check.

I Have a dead rear pump altanater on my truck that has 2 pulley wheels on the front. My old truck has a front mounted pump altanater....are they inter changeable?

Tony did you find a rear mount pump? I could pop over to pick it up?

Thanks
                          Mark

Comment

Comment

I am going to strip the one out of my scrapper and see if I can get it to fit but as its a front pump I am not confident...if anyone has one to match mine please post and I will get in touch

Thanks
                              Mark

Comment

Sorry, only got newer type.

Did you see Vince's reply in wanted thread?

Comment

Working...
                                X