Spill control / Fuel pump problem update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spill control / Fuel pump problem update

Finally got a mobile mech doodad here to look at the Surf. Re: this http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=69323

He said that the fuel system up to past the heat exchanger is fine but that the amount of fuel getting to the injectors is low.

He doesnt have a diesle compression tester but said that it sounds like ti has compression.

Tested the volts at the loom on the fuel pump and both wires seem to be reading 12V rather than 3-5V ??

I stopped him before he tried putting a wire between the battery and the pump.!

Would this point to an ECU problem or SCV? If ECU I could try and get someone local to bring a 3L ECU over to try but then if the SCV is getting battery voltages won't that have fried it anyway?

Any ideas?

I notice Ricksurf seemed to have something similar. http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=63954

Thanks

Evening bumpity

Comment

Sorry Paul. I'm about tonight if you want to borrow my ECU. You have my number still?
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Hi Tony
        Sorry only just saw this. I think I have got your number still. I'll check.

Cheers

Comment

Hi mate got your text battery now flat I may be around tomorrow. Have been lifting a friends Suzuki - new rims rub on the calipers. Not sure what the safetly implications are to him taking my angle grinder to it.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Cheers matey.

Was round Fayes sisters new house they're renovating last weekend that had a thick metal pole in the garden that must have been used for attaching the washing line to. Her boyfriend was saying 'oh great I've been using my angle grinder to cut metal all day. Love it'
            He started to cut it. Without any eye protection.
            I thought it sounded funny. When I asked to have a look he showed me the grinder that had a stone cutting wheel in! I told him all the obvious, to which he replied, 'oh well' and carried on.

Muppet.

Comment

you still have problems. i have just fixed one today. well kind off i still need a new scv but its working for now.

gave it a tap with an extension bar and a wooden hammer with ignition on. fuel came straight thro no problem.....

Comment

LOL, his problem never was the spill valve, the Cam broke and bent some valves, I'm pulling the head off as we speak....
                Attached Files
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

nicely done

Comment

No way! That's why it turned over oddly then.

Why would a cam just break?
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

weak point on cam

valve being smacked by piston out of timing

bearing worn down on cam clamps.

anything to do with the cam siezing or parts wearing badly or engine out of timing.

Comment

So do you think the belt slipped which caused the piston to hit a valve and snap the cam?
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

more than likely. could have been a number of things but chances are it was due to something with the belt.

not sure on details as i did not do the job so dont know what it looked like

Comment

Working...
                          X