centre consul and facia removal series 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• centre consul and facia removal series 3

i have just replaced my radio/dvd player and aerial on my series 3,i have seen quite a few threads requesting this information so here goes, the gear selector surround can be prised up at each corner (rear first)as it is only held with 4 clips though the rear is angled under the arm rest foot slightly,pull off the ends of the heater control levers,prise off the air/con, heater control panel there are three slots top and bottom that locate in pegs above and below so it comes out quite easily using a flat screw driver,behind this panel is situated 4 screws, unscrew the bottom left and top right and remove,pull on the bottom of the facia this will release the bottom clips, pull on the top and this will release the top clips the whole facia including air vents, switches, clock, cigar lighter and ashtray, can be pulled forward. using the red button pull the gear selector into L and transmission selector to H4, dependent on what your next requirement is all the connectors can be disconnected and the facia removed, as i was removing the radio i only unplugged the lower connectors and swung the facia to one side, the radio housing is fixed with 4 screws that when removed allows the 2 1/2 din box to be taken out, removal of (in my case) single din radio to be removed and replaced. refitting is reversal of this operation.
    i also replaced the electric aerial by bending the inner wheel arch to one side (bit tight on the wrist but do-able) my problems were that the bottom fixing bracket needed twisting to make it fit, and the loom power plug did not match the aerial power socket, so cut one off and refitted the old aerial socket . all works perfectly.
    Last edited by soramad; 7 April 2009, 23:32.

happy daysyes:
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Working...
    X