Brake cross referencing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake cross referencing

Do some Landcruisers have brake parts which match our 2nd Gen (and possibly newer) Surfs?

I've been looking into part numbers for EBC and Summit Racing list a part for the 1994 3.0TD 4Runner which this matches a Landcruiser 4.0 FJ80 - DP4992R

The EBC website does not list a Yellowstuff pad for the same year Surf / 4Runner. The EBC catalogue lists a DP6807 which is a Greenstuff pad for the 1993 4Runner TD and this part is apparently the same for a Surf KDN180 (95 - '02) and a Landcruiser KZJ90 96 - 03.
    D736/DP6807

Basically, I need a little help from someone who knows their Toyota! As a fall back, at least I have a Greenstuff pad which I'll give a try. Can't see I would need a Yellowstuff but if it helps with general braking / touring / greenlaning over a standard pad and the Greenstuff then it could be worth the extra £10.
    Last edited by dieselboy; 11 June 2011, 21:19.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

EBC Pad / Shoe catalogue 2010.pdf

EBC 2009 Japanese pad / shoe catalogue .xls (Microsoft excel sheet) :/
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Whats wrong with Toyota pads?

Sparks fitted Greenstuff and they are crap offroad because not enough heat is generated to get them working properly.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Apparently you're not supposed to require putting heat into them?

The thing wrong with Toyota pads is mainly the amount of dust generated over my alloy rims. I have had to brake a couple of times on the motorway sharply and can remember wondering if I was going to stop. Can also remembering why hadn't the wheels locked up yet as my foot was down hard but concious. I also need to address some pulling so calipers are being replaced at the same time. Was thinking of installing "uprated" pads to assist in those areas really.

Is Greenstuff unjustified? Or only in that one instance?
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

A caliper service plus new OEM pads and discs is all you need to make your truck stop. I can lock my front wheels with 33" muds on dry tarmac if I wanted to. If yours can't then they need sorting.
          Polish your alloys with a silicone based polish to keep the dust off, but don't waste your money on fancy brake pads 'designed' for high performance cars that are half the weight of a Surf.

Comment

I can lock my wheels up too. This isn't the end all of stopping a vehicle. It's the sustained braking I'm concerned about.
            That being said, the person behind me would only crash into the back of my truck writing me off anyway.
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
              I can lock my wheels up too. This isn't the end all of stopping a vehicle. It's the sustained braking I'm concerned about.
              That being said, the person behind me would only crash into the back of my truck writing me off anyway.
              You're not listening again!

Comment

Do you have a link to caliper refurb? Do you know the price for getting both done and do they do an exchange service?

I did a search and didn't see any external links. Wondering if it's cheaper than Roughtrax £105 per side + 20% VAT
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I fitted EBC greenstuff on my 4Runner. Way better than the standard brakes, far less dust off them and most of all no brake fade. After three or four hard late breakings the original suffered real bad brake fade, the EBC none at all.
                  I also had them on my old 2.4 Surf and never suffered off road with them at all. With the greenstuff pads you dont need to get heat in them, you do with the yellow and red pads.
                  Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                  My choice
                  Back off

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                    Do you have a link to caliper refurb? Do you know the price for getting both done and do they do an exchange service?

I did a search and didn't see any external links. Wondering if it's cheaper than Roughtrax £105 per side + 20% VAT

Milner new calipers £83 each, Ebay refurbed 4Runner £68 + £9 P&P, from memory I think the 4Runner and Surf are the same calipers at least for the KZN 130
                    Last edited by Koi; 11 June 2011, 22:57.
                    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                    My choice
                    Back off

Comment

Thanks for this!
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                      X