Caliper rebuild day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caliper rebuild day!

I've been having trouble with my calipers since I replaced the disks and pads some time back,which just goes to show that replacing pads in calipers that need rebuilding is a fools errand.
    I stripped off the offending caliper last night and found a right royal mess.

I'll post back later to report on progress or vent some anger!!

Regards

Mark
    Attached Files

I wish you luck with that, looks ferked, motto is thou shalt not drive through meter deep wet stuff!!
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

You'll be fine twinkle.
      just get em apart, and really nice and clean. The difference you feel feel should be real noticeable.
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Are new caliper pistons & seals easy enough to get for Surfs?

Comment

Originally posted by gbv2 View Post
          Are new caliper pistons & seals easy enough to get for Surfs?
          Yes.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

OK! All Done, Old speckled Hen in Hand,and giving myself a pat on the back!

This is the caliper stripped to its bare componants

I then cleaned everything with fine emery cloth, washed everything in a bath of petrol, and blew it through with an air line.

This shows the caliper re assembled,it was a total b****** pushing the pistons back in.

Daughter looks on like most females ready to criticise,just before she filled her nappy!!! Yum!!

Bled the system and a coat of paint,and ready to go.

Disk wobble has all gone,braking in a straight line,all for £35.cabn't be bad!!!

Comment

Good job, nice to see you took the trouble to repaint em as well, i was lucky when i did my disc's and pads, everything was nice and free,
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
              X