Towbar pics - for Bushwacker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towbar pics - for Bushwacker!

Here are some pics of the towbar frame fitted. The fresh paint applied by Bushwacker has made it look brand spanking new! Cheers matey!

I'm not going to do the electrics right now - they can wait for a few weeks cos I've got no immediate plans to do any towing.

Haven't fitted the towball yet cos I haven't got the right sized spanners, etc to do it with (technically, I do have 24mm sockets to do it with but nothing to attach the sockets to because the driver in my toolkit that attaches to them fell apart several years ago and I've never got around to replacing it!)

Just as a question for anyone who may know - what on earth are the silvery brackety things for? I can't seem to find anywhere that they fit on the towbar frame and I hope I'm not missing anything important!

Are you referring to the things in the bottom pic ? Id say that one of them goes between the ball and the towbar flange, and your electrical socket ,when you fit it, on the little hole on the end.

If you are talking about the small clips/brackets in the other pics, they look like they might be cable clips.

I put my electrics into the bumper, it keeps them separate from the towbar. Not sure why I did that really but it seemed a good idea at the time

Bogus
    Сви можемо

Comment

Sorry, I meant the brackets in the bottom picture. The holes don't actually seem to line up with anything that I can see on the frame. I'm hoping that Bushwacker may be able to enlighten me!

Comment

thats a rather posh looking towbar you have there sir and nice and new looking
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
          Sorry, I meant the brackets in the bottom picture. The holes don't actually seem to line up with anything that I can see on the frame. I'm hoping that Bushwacker may be able to enlighten me!
          They go into the chassis rail ends and bolt to the 'banana' shaped pieces.

The thin part on the end is so you can hold it and guide it into place.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            They go into the chassis rail ends and bolt to the 'banana' shaped pieces.

The thin part on the end is so you can hold it and guide it into place.
            Cool beans, man!

Just been out and sorted it. Thanks again!

While I'm on the subject of towbars - where would be the best place to "mate" the wiring from the electric hookup to the wiring in the truck itself?

Also - presumably the best bet for mating it with the main wiring is to just chop the wires and use a plastic connecting block to join everything together with?

Thanks for the further input folks!

Comment

the wiring goes up through the boot floor normally
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Cool beans, man!

Just been out and sorted it. Thanks again!

While I'm on the subject of towbars - where would be the best place to "mate" the wiring from the electric hookup to the wiring in the truck itself?

Also - presumably the best bet for mating it with the main wiring is to just chop the wires and use a plastic connecting block to join everything together with?

Thanks for the further input folks!
                Connections usually go to the driver's side rear light.
                Thats where your wiring went to, up through the floor into the area behind the side panel/storage box.

Comment

As Bushwhacker says, usually wired to the drivers side rear light cluster.

Screw type connector blocks (Choc blocks) are ok, but don't be tempted to use those crappy blue Scotchlok things......not unless electrical fault finding at weekends is the kind of thing that floats your boat. Personally I'd solder all the connections and cover with heat shrink sleeving.....job done once and for all.

Alan
                  If at first you don't succeed,
                  Destroy all evidence that you even tried.

Comment

Working...
                  X