rear springs and shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear springs and shocks

Good evening all so now after owning the surf for 7 months or so i have totally been bitten by the offroading bug . So far I've have removed the side steps , fitted a full set of extended breathers for playing In the water and a set of cooper stt tyres on 15inch modulars . So now its time for the suspension since my last play day in the mud both my rear shocks have decided to start leaking, so my question is if I fit roughtrax +2 springs and shocks do I need to fit an extended flexing hose to the back or is there enough length in it for the lift and also do I need to fit an adjustable panhard rod I have used the search but but haven't go any clear answers thanks
    Always up to my neck in it

Originally posted by ezza24 View Post
    Good evening all so now after owning the surf for 7 months or so i have totally been bitten by the offroading bug . So far I've have removed the side steps , fitted a full set of extended breathers for playing In the water and a set of cooper stt tyres on 15inch modulars . So now its time for the suspension since my last play day in the mud both my rear shocks have decided to start leaking, so my question is if I fit roughtrax +2 springs and shocks do I need to fit an extended flexing hose to the back or is there enough length in it for the lift and also do I need to fit an adjustable panhard rod I have used the search but but haven't go any clear answers thanks

Hello Aaron. For just a 2" suspension lift, you shouldn't need to extend your rear brake hose. If you are worried about its length, you could always fit some spacers between the LSP valve , where it bolts to the chassis crossmember. An adjustable panhard rod should not be neccessary for just 2", but the axle does sit slightly off centre to the offside, so it's your choice. Personally I would go for a drop bracket, anyway.......Good luck.....Mick.
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Thanks for the info Mick do you know were I can get a drop bracket for the panhard rod from? I would prefer the axle to sit central thanks
      Always up to my neck in it

Comment

Hi Aaron, (Vince) BUSHWHACKER'S ya man good luck
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by ezza24 View Post
          Thanks for the info Mick do you know were I can get a drop bracket for the panhard rod from? I would prefer the axle to sit central thanks
          Hello Aaron. I had a mate make one for me, using this drawing from the Aussie website. Hope it helps.......Cheers............ Mick.
          Attached Files
          " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Working...
          X