yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suspension/body Lifts Info!!!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bonk
    replied
    Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    I've made about ten brackets using this drawing......
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/attachmen...3&d=1105209485
    Thanks. That's spot on.

    Leave a comment:


  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Originally posted by Bonk View Post
    I can't open that file on my iPad. Would someone be kind enough to post the actual drawing please?

    I've made about ten brackets using this drawing......
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/attachmen...3&d=1105209485

    Leave a comment:


  • Bonk
    replied
    I can't open that file on my iPad. Would someone be kind enough to post the actual drawing please?

    Leave a comment:


  • Sylux
    replied
    Awesome, MWS

    Leave a comment:


  • MWS
    replied
    Originally posted by Bonk View Post
    I did that too. I put 12mm holes in the brackets I made but the two side bolts, under the front wheel arches didn't afford me any play. It leaves about a 15mm gap from a side view so I then maintained that gap all round so that it was even. I suppose you could elongate those holes a little for adjustment.

    While I'm here, does anyone have a dimensioned drawing of the panhard drop bracket?
    This came from next door. Ref id: 57. Mine was made from this drawing.

    http://daemon4x4.org/portal/downloads.php?dcid=13

    Leave a comment:


  • Bonk
    replied
    Originally posted by Albannach View Post
    I would (did) make the holes about 2mm bigger than they needed to be.
    I did that too. I put 12mm holes in the brackets I made but the two side bolts, under the front wheel arches didn't afford me any play. It leaves about a 15mm gap from a side view so I then maintained that gap all round so that it was even. I suppose you could elongate those holes a little for adjustment.

    While I'm here, does anyone have a dimensioned drawing of the panhard drop bracket?

    Leave a comment:


  • Albannach
    replied
    I would (did) make the holes about 2mm bigger than they needed to be.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wolfracer
    replied
    Originally posted by Bonk View Post
    How do you get the bumper to sit level at the sides from a side view? Do you elongate the holes vertically?
    8 bolt holes = plenty of adjustment...

    Leave a comment:


  • Bonk
    replied
    Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    I make the bumper lift brackets like this......


    I make the same style of bracket to drop the rear ARB end links down when fitting longer springs to prevent the bush brackets breaking when 'flexin'.

    p.s. Yes I know I've spaced the holes 65mm apart for a 50mm lift, this is so the bumper sits directly below/touching the grille for a neater look.
    How do you get the bumper to sit level at the sides from a side view? Do you elongate the holes vertically?

    Leave a comment:


  • Bonk
    replied
    Originally posted by Albannach View Post
    What's one of those?

    If the Anti Roll Bars are being kept, drop brackets are needed for the rears.

    Front diff lowering blocks and front ARB lowering blocks are an idea if one wants to keep the drive shaft angles sensible.
    b####y dyslexia kicking in.

    Panhard rod drop bracket is what I meant.

    Leave a comment:


  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Originally posted by Bonk View Post
    If anyone is interested, these are the brackets you need to lift the bumper and drop the rad.

    The haven't been painted, they were made from galvanised steel. I'd recommend you spray them for added protection.

    "http://

    The top four are the rad drop brackets, showing front and rear (welds flushed off) and the bottom two are the bumper lift brackets.

    This may have been shown before but I'm showing them just in case it hasn't.

    Happy lifting.

    I make the bumper lift brackets like this......


    I make the same style of bracket to drop the rear ARB end links down when fitting longer springs to prevent the bush brackets breaking when 'flexin'.

    p.s. Yes I know I've spaced the holes 65mm apart for a 50mm lift, this is so the bumper sits directly below/touching the grille for a neater look.
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 17 July 2013, 22:42.

    Leave a comment:


  • Albannach
    replied
    Originally posted by Bonk View Post
    and the drop hard pan bracket' down.
    What's one of those?

    If the Anti Roll Bars are being kept, drop brackets are needed for the rears.

    Front diff lowering blocks and front ARB lowering blocks are an idea if one wants to keep the drive shaft angles sensible.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bonk
    replied
    Ok, I'm offering up this idea if you lot think its worth it.

    I've done a 2" body lift so I know what brackets are needed to be fabbed. Bumper up, rad down.

    I've now had the back lifted 2" and I've been told you need various brackets like the brake one, up, and the drop hard pan bracket' down.

    Can anyone think of any others that need need fabbing? I'm thinking of doing the whole kit for a reasonable price.

    I'm not looking to make any money, just offering a service.

    Ask Sy.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bonk
    replied
    If anyone is interested, these are the brackets you need to lift the bumper and drop the rad.

    The haven't been painted, they were made from galvanised steel. I'd recommend you spray them for added protection.

    "http://

    The top four are the rad drop brackets, showing front and rear (welds flushed off) and the bottom two are the bumper lift brackets.

    This may have been shown before but I'm showing them just in case it hasn't.

    Happy lifting.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bonk
    replied
    Update on my lift.

    It really went quite well. We started at 12:00 on Saturday and finished at 17:00. Still had stuff to do though. On Sunday I refitted the radiator with the drop brackets I had fabricated for me. Refitted the bumper and bull bar (Another 2 hours) (Anyone that needs details on these rad drop brackets please ask and I'll show you exactly what you need, I've even got a sketch of exactly what's required). You don't need to remove the bottom cowl if you undo the rad before you start to lift.

    What you don't get in the lift kit are big washers. You need these because the holes are quite big. Luckily, I had some but if you don't have any you need to bash the old ones off of the old bolts.. They're on quite tight.

    If anyone wants advice while its all still fresh in my mind, just ask.

    Massive thank you to everyone that's contributed to this thread because it helped me loads.

    Looks so much better already.

    Next job is the suspension lift which Tony N is doing for me. (He doesn't know yet because I haven't asked him...... )

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X