yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suspension/body Lifts Info!!!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • scott-lee
    replied
    many thanks,mate.
    onwards and upwards!

    Leave a comment:


  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Originally posted by scott-lee View Post
    opps, my bad! i was thinking of the panhard brackets!

    Same answer applies.

    (Obviously change the letters, LSPV for the words panhard, rod and brackets)
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 1 November 2014, 18:46.

    Leave a comment:


  • scott-lee
    replied
    opps, my bad! i was thinking of the panhard brackets!

    Leave a comment:


  • scott-lee
    replied
    Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    No need to touch the LSPV for spring lifts up to 2".
    thanks for confirming that. ( i hate using the CNC mills!)

    Leave a comment:


  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Originally posted by sleepy View Post

    Can someone clarify if I actually need to adjust the lsv now I have lifted springs?


    No need to touch the LSPV for spring lifts up to 2".

    Leave a comment:


  • sleepy
    replied
    No probs

    Again for reference it appears you don't need to adjust lsv either as it wasn't an issue for mot today.

    Leave a comment:


  • scott-lee
    replied
    looking on doing the roughtrax 2'' lift kit,myself,soon.thanks for the tip.

    Leave a comment:


  • sleepy
    replied
    I found out the hard way lol....although when I say that it was pretty straight forward.

    Just to clarify for future readers when fitting the 2" lifted springs and shocks from roughtrax you can simply jack it up and let the rear axel hang and yoU should then be able to remove springs (with clamps) and shocks without disconnecting anything else :-)

    Can someone clarify if I actually need to adjust the lsv now I have lifted springs?

    Leave a comment:


  • ajstars
    replied
    Body lift 3rd Gen

    Caution should be given to a body lift on a 3rd Gen. Even a 1.5" lift will stretch the vacuum pipe below the air filter housing and you will need to re route the tight pipe to avoid breaking the fittings.

    Leave a comment:


  • budweiser
    replied
    i done the shocks and springs first, then a while later (a year?) done the rest,

    once done the lsv i did noticed a difference on braking, about the panard rod its just if you like things straight, otherwise it wont make difference (you arent doing 4" or more to really need it)

    Leave a comment:


  • sleepy
    replied
    Sorry to dig up an old thread but I am struggling to get a clear picture of what needs done with 2" rear suspension lift

    I have got the 2" springs and 2" shocks here from roughtrax and just about to go and fit...you may be able to help with a few questions....

    I have searched through the various threads on this lift and this big thread but it has confused me even more as the likes of this thread states you need to drop pan hard, disconnect all brake lines and lsv and more to fit the suspension but then later in the thread is seems to say that you don't need to do any of this.

    My questions are...

    Can I simply jack the 4runner up and remove springs with clamps and remove shocks without doing anything else?

    Is there going to be an issue with this pan hard rod throwing the back out of alignment with a minimal lift like this?

    Do I have to do anything with the lsv apart from adjust once the new suspension is on to get the balance right?

    I'm going up to start this stuff now so will probably find out the hard way lol

    I appreciate any advice that helps clear this up

    Leave a comment:


  • young-gunn
    replied
    I extended my panhard bar. haven't had any issues with it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sylux
    replied
    Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    I've made about ten brackets using this drawing......
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/attachmen...3&d=1105209485
    May I be as bold to ask....how much you charge?

    Leave a comment:


  • MWS
    replied
    .........Yes, you're welcome.

    Leave a comment:


  • young-gunn
    replied
    My body lift was a complete kit and included the brackets. even the holes on those brackets were a little too large to allow for adjustment

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X