yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suspension/body Lifts Info!!!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bonk
    replied
    Thanks Tony.

    Plans have changed a little and I'm now doing the lift next weekend. If anyone's interested ill let you all know how it goes.

    Leave a comment:


  • TonyN
    replied
    You can just refit the bumper if you run out of time, you'll just have a 2" gap between the bumper and the grille.

    Re, the rad brackets, if your truck still has the lower 1/2 of the fan shroud you'll have to take it off or the fan will rub on it, lots have it missing already, so don't notice it.

    Personally I'd rather drop the rad and keep the complete shroud for cooling reasons, but if you drop it it can hit the bash plate, depending on the type you have, and if you don't have a bash plate its obviously more exposed
    Its also easier to clean mud out of the lower half of the rad without the lower shroud. So its up to you, but those are the options.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bonk
    replied
    Originally posted by yoshie View Post
    Don't worry about them mickey mouse comment, Micky has more mechanical knowledge than the nugget OP

    Once the bumper is off you will see what's required very straightforward. Filler is accessed up under rear arch. 3.0 surf doesn't need rad dropped.
    Thanks Brian. You've saved me a job with the rad as I didn't realise it didn't need dropping on the 3.0, that's not clear on the original instructions.

    Your advice about seeing what is required after removing the bumper won't help me much as my surf is my everyday transport I need to have everything ready to do it all in one day and I won't have access to the workshop on the day I'm doing it so I need to make the brackets in advance. I'll make some basic brackets and then 'adjust' things with a grinder if needed.

    Thanks again for the advice.

    As an aside, where do I pay subs to this site? It's been a great help to me and I want to contribute back.

    Leave a comment:


  • barclay03
    replied
    At what height does the brake pipes etc need extending? ie does anything need done with a 2" suspension lift and 2" body lift (other than radiator dropping on the 2.4)?

    Leave a comment:


  • yoshie
    replied
    Don't worry about them mickey mouse comment, Micky has more mechanical knowledge than the nugget OP

    Once the bumper is off you will see what's required very straightforward. Filler is accessed up under rear arch. 3.0 surf doesn't need rad dropped.
    Last edited by yoshie; 5 January 2013, 20:42.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bonk
    replied
    I hope nobody minds me bumping this thread but I just bought the xpajun 2" lift kit which I will be fitting next weekend. I'm not a mechanic but I'm reasonably mechanically minded and I have a couple of questions as follows:

    Someone mentioned loosening off the fuel filler pipe. Is this necessary and if so how do you do it?

    The brackets I need to make for the radiator drop look straight forward but the ones for the front bumper are bothering me. The pictures from the guide on the front page show a bracket which only attaches to one of the two holes and looks a bit mickey mouse(no offence meant to the poster of the guide). The front bumper doesn't look as if its sitting straight and I was wondering if anyone has actually made a proper bracket that fits to both holes and if so do you have a picture or diagram of it.

    Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

    Leave a comment:


  • budweiser
    replied
    good tread!
    old, but good!

    Leave a comment:


  • Canadian_Hilux
    replied
    With my truck I recently put in an old man emu/sdori suspension lift and have been incredibly happy with the ride quality and performance. For the front I used OME torsion bars, steering stabilizer, shocks and 1.5" Ball joint spacers. For the rear I used 2" coil spacers with OME medium duty springs and a 2" panhard bar drop bracket.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Canadian_Hilux; 17 February 2011, 06:00.

    Leave a comment:


  • Apache
    replied
    Originally posted by VidaMusic View Post
    Is it bad to drive like this?
    No, its fine. If its not miles out, its not worth bothering about.

    Leave a comment:


  • VidaMusic
    replied
    Originally posted by stormforce View Post
    Have you had a suspension lift done aswell Rich.If so then this would be the cause.Ask Bushy if he is willing to make you a panhard drop bracket for whatever suspension lift you got and then it will pull the axel back into line proper
    Yes Rich, well, only the 2" RT springs, and wound torsions up, I haven't changed shocks or owt. Would this still occur from that? Is it bad to drive like this?
    I bought a 2" body lift kit last night from Xpajun (£62) or whatever theyre called, and gonna have a good look round it today, clean all the areas up with wd to get it ready. Sounds easier than the springs to do so gonna give it a whirl myself. Sat up hrs last night reading old articles on here.

    Cheers Rich

    Leave a comment:


  • stormforce
    replied
    Have you had a suspension lift done aswell Rich.If so then this would be the cause.Ask Bushy if he is willing to make you a panhard drop bracket for whatever suspension lift you got and then it will pull the axel back into line proper

    Leave a comment:


  • VidaMusic
    replied
    greeeeaattttt thread!!

    I've learnt loads reading this. Interesting how you said about the back being out of line, I've noticed since having my big ass tyres on, that i can see the drivers side rear tyre in the rear view quite a bit, but seemed that the passenger side wasnt sticking out as much. Is this a problem that needs fixing? with a new panhard?

    I'm still very new to all this, so learning as i go..... my mind is a sponge tho, i'm absorbing everything as i hear and read it!!

    Leave a comment:


  • dieselboy
    replied
    I think this thread should be sticky. Excellent write up. This saved me posting a thread earlier. Although some of the links are dead now?

    Thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • Danno
    replied
    Rear ARB's are for girls!
    Makes roundabouts far more interesting!

    I like my rear axle offset. It means I only need to buy 1 wheel spacer! Bwahahaha!

    Leave a comment:


  • goodcat
    replied
    Originally posted by MattF View Post
    Yup. He sounds like a true genius, as who in their right mind would expect a pivot arm to pivot.
    i did scrtach my head when i came back and saw the panhard rod on the deck. i knew it was going to be a slag to fit back on. but im hardly one to question him. he's a mechanic, im a builder!

    but yes what a ####.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X