yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to forum, seeking assistance with 4wd engaging problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to forum, seeking assistance with 4wd engaging problem!

Hello there, I am new to this forum and this is my first post after having done lots of browsing. A breif introduction, I am from New Zealand and have a '94 KZN130 Surf. Bought it with a cracked head and fixed it up, and runs like a charm now.
    However, I have a new problem as of today or yesterday (not entirely sure when the problem developed but was noticed today.)
    I cannot get the ADD system to go into 4wd, either from the switch or by putting it in low.
    It is not the vacuum hoses, thats the first thing I checked. After doing a bunch of tests to establish the problem, here is what I found.
    After the ignition is put to 'On' or the vehicle is started, pressing the 4wd switch you can here the relay bhind the dash click once. Release the switch, and there is nothing. Further pressing of the switch does nothing.

If I switch the VSV hoses around, I can hear the clunk in the front diff as the ADD unit activates. Once I press the 4wd switch the 4wd light will come on, but If I then put the vacuum hoses back on the correct way around then the 4wd light will persist until I turn the engine off and the igniton back to on and press the button again.

I'm thinking that this may be the ECU behind the centre console, and I hope it is but could this be anything else? The only other thing I'm aware of is the transfer case motor but it would seem odd if that were the cause.
    Another thing to note is that with the engine turned off, if I rocked the rear propshft back and forward by hand it didn't move much, but what little movement there was I could see the front propshaft move with it. This tells me that the front shaft is still connected, and the problem lies with the ECU not sending the correct signals to the VSV's to switch the system over.

I am pretty sure it is the ECU, if it were a simple wireing fault I would still hear the relay behind the dash click on and off with the switch, and I can rule out the switch and wiring as the switch will make the relay click once each time the ignition is put to on.

Any thoughts or ideas would be welcome, perhaps someone else has had the same problem? I hope it is the ECU as it will take 5 min to change and shouldn't cost too much. Do the listed symptoms sound like an ECU fault or something else? I miss having 4WD and would be appreciative of any help received.

Regards, Josh
Working...
X