Warn Hubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warn Hubs

Howdy everyone. I'm hoping to change my front brake discs and wheel bearings shortly, and I think I've accumulated enough information for doing so (famous last words).

However, there are some Warn manual hubs that I'm unsure of how they are removed. I've looked but can't find any guides for removal or fitting and hoped someone here might be able to point me in the right direction?

Also, one of the hubs has always been harder to engage properly. It requires moving forward in 4wd a little before it'll click into 4wd (I'm not sure that makes sense sorry but I can't think of another way to phrase it ).

Can they be disassembled for cleaning etc? I found a service kit for them, but they won't ship to the UK, is this worth purchasing if I can find one in the UK?

Thanks
    Dan

They probably need cleaning out, don't over grease them or they'll stick.

Take the top cover off, then unbolt the body, then you can get to the bearing nuts. Tis easy.

Check water hasn't got inside the hub guts, then clean everything with brake cleaner and make sure all moves freely, lightly grease or oil moving bits, then fit new gasket or use RTV when putting body and top cover on, this should keep all the water/dirt out.

If its got rusty you may have to take apart all the springs, sliding collars and stuff and clean them individually, but do one at a time so you can copy the other putting it back together.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Any use?.....
      http://personal.utulsa.edu/~nathan-b...14freewhee.pdf

Comment

Yes, that's excellent thankyou. Just got to cross fingers and hope it's relatively straight forward to do.
        Thanks Tony, I've ordered some hub gaskets from roughtrax, but I can only find the warn gaskets in the service kit. Do you think it's worthwhile trying to source one or are they sturdy things?
        Thankyou.

Comment

Working...
        X