Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KZN130 Tracking

Hi all.

In need of a bit of good advice and guidance, if anyones got a minute please.

Ive had a problem with the tracking on my KZN130 ever since I've had it (18months). The tracking keeps "going out" on it's own for some reason, and it's driving me mad so finally want to get it sorted. GARAGE 1 - adjusted it on there flashy laser guided gizmo - seems ok for about a week or so then gradually starts to pull to the left, as it always has. They re-adjusted, and said "try that" as they do - the result was the same. Lived with it for a while, then was at their premesis for something totally unrelated and mentioned it to them. They then re-aligned it for free (happy days), but the result was exactly the same - good for a week or so then pulling to the left. They mentioned the adjusters had seen bettter days and would ideally need replacing. GARAGE 2 - just phoned me to say it needs, adjusters (which I already new), steering idler, relay arm and damper. I have ordered a complete set of Tie-Rods and adjusters (from RTX) to eliminate them from the equation. My understanding of the relay arm is, it is a bar that all the other "joints" connect too - but doesn't have any joints itself??? thus cant understand why it needs replacing if it's not damaged/bent/twisted in any way With regards to the steering damper I'm finding it hard to understand (in my limited knowledge) why, If it is knackered, It would affect the vehicle driving in a straight line??.
    I noticed that you can also buy idler arm bushes. I'm not too sure of the idler arms function or how it actually works but has any one tackled this repair and is it relativley simple to do??
    I'm starting to get really hacked off with this issue with the truck, and am just replacing the parts just to eliminate them from the problem which obviously is costing money, that i could be spending on other toy's .

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated - by the way - the truck had an MOT inbetween GARAGE 1's multiple adjustments/ diagnosis and no obvious play/wear in suspension was noted.

Can anyone recommed a decent ball joint removal tool (preferebly not the Fork type) which destroys the rubbers - allegedly

Apologies for the novel

S.
Working...
X