Elusive Diesel Leak??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elusive Diesel Leak??

Have ant of u guys ever had a problem like this with ur trucks??.... My missus started the truck up yesterday outside the front of our house & did a 3 point turn 2 park it up on the drive- a small/ medium trail was left under the truck after & i'm pretty certain it's diesel??... She had just been 2 put a quarter tank of diesel in it... I've had the truck out testing it up & down the street, forwards & reverse & nothing??? Got under the truck straight away with a torch & had a good nose about & although there were a few drops of what smelt like diesel around the sump & under the fuel pump I couldn't find any leaky hoses or any other source of leak??? Tested it switched off, running, getting revved , the lot & nothing?? Then took the truck out for a run & thrashed it b4 pulling into a garage & driving it back & forwards & stil nothing??? Could it be a small amount of diesel escaped thru the tank breather pipe or the missus flooded the engine?? Not 2 sure myself but gonna double-check the whole fuel system at the weekend, but have u guys ever seen this b4?? It can't be a massive leak, but would like 2 know what it is!!???
Working...
X