Lifting a 3rd Gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifting a 3rd Gen

I've been doing a bit of research on Yotatech about lifting the 3rd gen and it seems that the Roger Brown 2" lift is probably one of the easiest, but there are also suspension spacer sets that look pretty easy to install (Cornfed and Revteck). I have now started thinking about a 2" RB lift AND a 1.5 or 2" suspension lift. Should be under $500 and shipping. Seems to me to be a cheap way to get a good lift, without too many modifications to other stuff. That will allow me to fit 285/75 tires.

Any pro's or con's folks....???

Originally posted by Cmar
    I've been doing a bit of research on Yotatech about lifting the 3rd gen and it seems that the Roger Brown 2" lift is probably one of the easiest, but there are also suspension spacer sets that look pretty easy to install (Cornfed and Revteck). I have now started thinking about a 2" RB lift AND a 1.5 or 2" suspension lift. Should be under $500 and shipping. Seems to me to be a cheap way to get a good lift, without too many modifications to other stuff. That will allow me to fit 285/75 tires.

Any pro's or con's folks....???
    Only con I can think of is getting into multi story carparks

The Roger Brown stuff is excellent by repute (he also does the body lift kits as well at a very good price so I'd get one from him.

If you've ever seen any of the pictures of him Rock Crawling his 1st Gen then this guy really gives the stuff some testing.

A 1 1/2 - 2 inch lift shouldn't give you any problems with the CV joint angles and at that height you aren't going to change the Centre of Gravity too much (A body lift does it even less because the heavy stuff stays where it is - the body is the lightest part).

With 3 1/2 to 4 inches of total lift the 285's will fit fine - you could probably go a bit bigger.

Cheers

Comment

No cons, just do it!

(your tyres may look a little small, 33's would be nice)
      Dear Lord, please let me go away for weekends without logging on to this place at BP connect garages and local PC Worlds.

Amen,
      Tony

Comment

Working...
      X