yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sounds like my surf is pinking! (KZN185)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like my surf is pinking! (KZN185)

Noticed after a long run when accelerating in the lower gears the engine sounds like it is pinking, can't replicate the sound when stationary,sounds spot on just revving at standstill.goes well, just serviced,changed oil,filter,air filter,fuel filter,cam belt,ATF,using a quality 10/40 engine oil.Oil light takes 4 seconds to go out, is that ok?
    The cam timing/fuel pump timing is spot on.
    Does sound like pinking or possibly small end bearings type noise, just puzzled as to why it only does it under load when warm, tried to make it do the noise on a short run thrashing it well but it refused to rattle,went to Southend today took it really easy on the way home thought I would try again, kick down and it rattled,slow right down to walking pace floor it rattle.
    Only had the surf a couple of weeks so don't know if it was allready like this or not. As soon as you ease up it stops rattling???
    I did ask my local garage but they said they would have to have a listen and as it will not make the noise unless after a long run they wont hear anything!!!
    Would resetting the ECU help at all?
    Any help gratefully received. Hope it isn't expensive.

Pete.
Working...
X