Grinding noise in 4wd?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grinding noise in 4wd?...

Hi guys!! It's been ages since I've been on the site cos I haven't had the time or money recently to finish off my Surf!! SO a BIG HELLOOOOO to all you guys and gals out there!!
    The problem I've got at the minute is a slight metallic grinding when I use 4wd... I suspect that the front diff is grinding a bit & I need to change the oil in the front diff and/ or grease the UJs??? Since April I've serviced the truck totally & renewed a number of parts- I've also changed the oil in the rear diff & the ATF in the automatic box & transfer box.... although I've kept the truck maintained well I never got round to greasing the UJs before winter or changing the front fidd oil, on account of it being a complete pig to find the filler for the front diff!! Where I've been using the 4wd over winter the front diff has just started making a light grinding noise when it is driven in 4wd.... Am I right in suspecting that the UJs need a good greasing & the front diff oil needs changing cos I'll get that done ASP!! hope all u guys enjoyed the snowy weather with ur trucks!!
Working...
X