Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service & Cam Belt Change - Help

Hi guys,

I have recently bought a 2.4 93 Surf which looks like it's in good all-round condition. Unfortunately the dealer I bought it from doesn't really know his one end from his other... couldn't tell me why it was being sold, when the last service was, when the cam belt had last been changed etc etc etc. Having said that being a newbie to the world of Surfs I didn't ask enough questions. Wonder how much the 3 month guarantee is worth.

Throwing caution to the wind I bought it anyway and so far I don't regret a thing and I would like things to stay that way so I'm planning a full service.

I have read as many existing posts on this forum as I can manage and I've had a look on the Auzy technical site but I'm still a bit nervous about changing the cam belt myself, unassisted.

Over the next 2-3 weeks I will be servicing my Surf myself, oil change, oil filter change, fuel filter change, air filter and last but certainly not least the scary timing belt (and while I'm there water pump change)

I know I should be able to do this myself but I don't want to break anything... it's my first time see

I live in Kent (Tunbridge Wells area) and I'd be happy to travel but if anyone is interested in watching over my shoulder while I get greased up (leave it out you perverts) I'd most certainly appreciate.

Thanks
Working...
X