yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New User. Have a big problem after an oil change!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New User. Have a big problem after an oil change!

Hello everyone, Even though I'm new to this forum, I have been watching a few posts that have helped me out. But I've now made an account because I've got a good problem.

I decided to change my oil today along with the filter, but now something has happened.

About 10 seconds after starting the vehicle with the new oil and filter. It started stuttering and plummeting smoke from the exhaust. Giving it revs almost does nothing. So I immediately shut off the engine and went into a panic. The oil cap is on tight, the dipstick is fully in and the oil filter is tight. I have touched nothing else.

I put in just over 7.5 liters of 10w-40 oil by Liqui Moly among with their CeraTec (We stock this at work so its cheap). I got this measurement all over the internet and LM also says 7.7L of oil is needed. I checked the dipstick again and it was way over the filled mark. So I did some looking around on the web and found an old manual for a Hilux with the same engine, but that says 5.3L of oil. Im guessing I overfilled the engine? Or used the wrong grade oil? I've read people have used 5w40 upto 15w-40 without problems.

So I dropped enough oil to reach the high mark on the dipstick but the engine still runs rough with smoke out the exhaust. Have I completely destroyed the engine? Anything I can do?

Engine is 1KZ-T

Cheers,
    Curtis
    Last edited by Curtis41; 18 April 2022, 03:11.
Working...
X