Fred O'Dare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred O'Dare

A raging fire at a Texas oil well was threatning to egulf the whole oil field. Fire crews had fought to contain it for days but to no avail. Finally, the Texan oil billionaire owner decided there was only one thing left to do : call Fred O'Dare the retired irish fire fighter.
    He made the phone call, but Fred insisted that he was retired and didnt want to do it.
    ' I ain't got but no-one else to turn to Fred, ' the billionaire pleaded. 'I'll pay you ten million dollars and cover the cost of airlifting your equipment and your own hand-picked crew over here.'
    Fred thought for a moment. 'Roight,' he said. 'Oi'l do it.'
    Arrangements were quickly made and,before too long, Fred and his team were on route.
    The cargo chopper couldnt get close to the fire and so was forced to touch down a couple of miles away. The cargo doors opened and a sherpa van burst out and headed straight to the burning well. Onlookers gasped as it sped towards them across the desert and whispers rose amongs the crowd ... ' It must be Fred O'Dare..'
    The sherpa van sped past them, straight into the heart of the fire. It had no sooner stopped when the back doors were flung open and a handfull of navvies leaped out and started beating at the flames with thier donkey jackets.
    The fire was soon out and a smoke blackened Fred and his smouldering fire fighters were thanked by the well owner.
    'Darn me if that ain't the most amazing thing I ever did see' he exclaimed. 'I'll transfer the ten million as soon as we get back to town. Tell me Fred, just what are you gonna do with all that money?'
    'Well,' said Fred, 'da forst ting Oi'm gonna do is Oi'm gonna get da fookin' brakes fixed on dat fookin' van...'
    My karma ran over my dogma ..
    Paul
Working...
X