Newbie from Wales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie from Wales

Hi all, last night I picked up my first ever Hilux Surf and drove it 200 miles home

I've been doing some digging and I must admit, although it may be because I've been awake since yesterday morning at 5:45am, I'm little confused.

I think my car is a 2nd Gen Hilux Surf 2.4 TDI with an L2TE engine. I haven't had a chance to go look at the chassis plate or anything yet, I'll get round to that shortly, as I have some work to do on her. The sale included a Stainless exhaust system which I intend to fit, side-runners that the previous owner removed, but kept hold of and a tow bar, which I have every intention of using.

The confusion bit, is with the engine. I believe it to be an L2TE purely because it says EFI across the manifold, however unless I've misunderstood, everything I've read says a Gen 2 should have an L2T?

In my defence for what may seem a lame question, I've only had a couple of hours of being back home to actually look and I thought I should at least ask a question in my first post, rather than just saying 'hey, look at my Hilux Surf!'.

However, Hey, look at my Hilux Surf!
    Attached Files
Working...
X