Off road in Australia... Well not really

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off road in Australia... Well not really

On Sunday we went exploring in our relatively new old Ford Laser. Sunday was a typical wintery day (I've found), however Saturday I was on the beach all oiled up.

We decided to head to a place called Margaret River for some dinner at a brewery but never got that far as our explorations took us to some weird and wonderful places.
    At first we were going by Google Maps and attempting to head off the beaten track to explore. We found plenty of what seemed like deserted small towns. Anywhere other than Perth is like this usually anyway. It seemed a bit more eery as it was raining and not too warm on Sunday. And quiet.

We found these roads which turned into simply red, dirt roads. At one point we were climbing up over these hills and the road had water ways cut though it. Our little car is only front wheel drive, not any articulation that would have mattered either. It didn't get bad enough for us to have any issues but it seemed like it may have done at any time.

We ended up going 100km/h down this dirt road which was pretty smooth going. At times we would run into strange things like a huge quarry truck, emu's or potholes. The emu's managed to outrun us and off into the bush so never got a photo.

Had an expensive meal in Bunbury then went home. See some pictures. Also included my other ride...
    Attached Files
    Oh Nana, what's my name?
Working...
X