Anyone see us!week from hell.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone see us!week from hell.

We have had a mad week, we left Folkestone for Stoke on Saturday planning to go up till tuesday, we've still got an intermitant starting problem but if we keep the engine running it's fine...OR SO WE THOUGHT! got as far as kettering and the car stalled at a petrol station, waited an hour or so then got her back on the road only to conk out at 70 on the A14 (we were there 2 hours) anyone see us...finaly got towed the rest of the way and arrived at 6.30, my uncle is a mechanic so i thought he'd look at it ...how wrong can u be he's always been a bit laid back but he said his mate glenn would look at it he'd call him and we should take it to him on monday so matt took it first thing only to find he knew nothing about it and so back he came with surf on it's last legs, anyway cut a long story short tried loads of garages by phone ended up being booked in 9am thurs, got it in got it back £80 lighter and he's adjusted the emmisions!? errr! great so is it fixed? bloke can't tell us that but he thinks so! we get to the undercover car park in hanley do some shopping please that we may finaly be able to get home...try to start the surf and it's not interested, wait a while and get her going only to stall 10 yards later and in the middle of the carpark blocking the lane...NICE! got it back to my sisters eventualy p*ssing down and really f*ck'd off by now...we decide first thing in the morning we are going to get the thing home,got home to folkestone yesterday:took 12 hours in total ... got as far as the M25 essex side by 2, called the rac stood there for 2 hours while he messed about with it he took the solenoid (fuel cut) out, cleaned it up and that got us another 25 miles to the M25 kent side before we had to call em again got towed to swanley then at 8 that evening we got a tow home arrived at 10....we will replace the solenoid because that seems to be the problem (i told every garage i spoke to that!but hey what do i know i'm just a bird)...had a good week up there tho just glad to be home...so let us know if you spotted us cos we had a few (funny) people wave at us from there fully functioning surfs along the way...
    Last edited by casper; 7 August 2004, 12:23.
Working...
X