4WD Relay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4WD Relay

I've got a 3.0 manual surf and when I click the 4WD button it engages smooth as you like and works perfectly, however, when I click the button again to disengage the 4WD it won't disconnect it. I turned off the ignition and had a quick squint underneath but couldn't see anything suspicious looking. Got back in and started her up again and the 4WD light was off and she was back to rear wheel drive.

Done a little bit of experimenting like you do and 4WD will engage with no bother at all but I can't turn it off unless I turn the engine off.

I've also got one of those neighbours that knows everything about everything and he reckons that it could be just the 4WD relay.

Bearing in mind my last experience with an "expert" I thought I would come here and ask some proper experts.

Is the 4WD relay the likeliest option? Can anyone tell me where i should be looking to find the damn thing please? lol

I've searched about a bit and I'm gonna end up doing the mod that's listed for the 4WD system but if it's just a relay and easily fixed i'll do that till i get time to do the mod.

Just as a side issue and only because i've just thought about it. I'm after new shocks, are the rancho ones from Roughtrax about the best ones or do people use different/better ones instead.

Quite proud of daisy how she looks with her BGF's on, just want to make her look even more special with new springs and shocks.
    If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes.
Working...
X