Just stuffed it into a hedge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just stuffed it into a hedge

I can't really believe I have been on this forum for over a year and never posted. I guess I never had a problem that you guys hadn't already solved for me. For that I thank you.

Now, however, I have broken my Surf which has given sterling service for the past eighteen months or so. It was last seen poking out of a hedge nose down in a ditch. It started with clipping the verge because of a spider in my face and went very wrong very quickly. The luckiest thing was no-one was coming the other way or I would have just bounced over them.

The chassis appeared straight but the steering was almost definitely damaged-offside front tyre was ripped off the rim. Every nearside panel was scratched and/or dented by the hedge, windscreen stove in, wing mirror ripped off, passenger window gone and rear offside window. All the doors opened and shut as they should and engine started and run as normal, no fluids leaked. Very tough car, but we knew that anyway, I really didn't have to test it.

Anyway, now I will be looking for another one preferably near the centre of Somerset. By the way that one cost only 800 - and I know that ain't happening again!
Working...
X