Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will it be a large bill?

Hi all,

I guess I could say I'm the proud owner of a Toyota Surf but seeing as I only got it yesterday and it's a 1993 model and has 170,000m on the clock I wonder if I did ok? .... I paid £500 for it and my mechanic says I got it real cheep cheep!

Anyway, I do have some queries.

I was told it had a dodgy connection on one of the batteries and indeed as it wouldn't start this morning I have spent some time removing a loose terminal and adjusting the snugness of it (by filing off some of the material between the nuts - not to worry, it was quite painless) so that it now fits reasonably tight. Meanwhile I am now just giving the batteries a bit of a boost from the mains. I note the batteries dated 2004, should I just go off and get new ones? How long these supposed to last??

It is an automatic. Down on the right hand side there is some Japanese writing next to a red nipple/button, could you tell me what it is please?

Any useful and helpful advice would be appreciated. Can I get a manuel for this vehicle or do I just come along here and ask/enquire/search.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Stewart
Working...
X