dvd player help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dvd player help

hi !! just got one of them dvd, tv, radio, in car, when i try to play dvd or tv it says please stop to watch video player, its in the house at the moment on a battery tried dissing the switched live , but that turns it off, any one help??? cheers mick

Originally posted by joymic
    hi !! just got one of them dvd, tv, radio, in car, when i try to play dvd or tv it says please stop to watch video player, its in the house at the moment on a battery tried dissing the switched live , but that turns it off, any one help??? cheers mick
    If its a proper in car one there will be a wire for handbrake light, so you cant watch them whilst driving, if you just hook this one up to a supply aswell itll work
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

There should be a cable that needs to be connected to the handbrake warning cable you need to put this on a earth rather than the handbrake
      I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

I would double check if it's a + or - i know the cable on mine that should go to the handbrake is a -

Comment

No handbrake wire thingy on mine, just connected everything up to the old ISO block and it was up and running. Would never dream of watching a DVD while driving although I know some people are thick enough to do it!

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

cheers guys , found the brake line, but it does not say + or - ???

Comment

It will need to go to earth mate, and if i'm wrong sticking it to earth wrongly is far safer than sticking it + wrongly.
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

the best bet is to try it on earth first to see if that does the trick if not then try the live the reason i would say to do it this way around is that if you put what should have a live feed on an earth it wont cause any damage but if you put what should be an earth on a live feed you will shag the unit

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
                  It will need to go to earth mate, and if i'm wrong sticking it to earth wrongly is far safer than sticking it + wrongly.
                  snap

Comment

hi copy! i think i have the same one as u mate, its the eonon, but the motorised one. need to know if the brake line should be + / -

Comment

Originally posted by joymic
                      hi copy! i think i have the same one as u mate, its the eonon, but the motorised one. need to know if the brake line should be + / -
                      Mine's the double din model mate not the motorised one. I've just had another look at the wiring diagram that came with mine and there's no reference to a handbrake cable wire. Sorry I can't offer any help.

I take it there's no mention of it in your wiring instructions?

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

nice one KIOWA !!! it was the neg, the distructions are very vague, but these things are the buss arnt they, just answered a phone call of it, just got to put it in the surf now, sounds like a weekend job. thanks for u help guys, i just love this forum, thats why its splatterd across me rear window. cheers once again. now am going playin.

Comment

Working...
                        X